Fleet Question

Tahoestarr

Does anyone know which Ship will be taking over in 2007 for the 10 day Mexican Rivera cruise out of San Francisco? I think this will be our next cruise since we don't have to fly anywhere (makes a big difference). Also if you have any insite as to when the best time for this cruise is....don't want to get mixed up in Spring Break...eek!

We are booked for a 10 nighter out of Sfo (Mexican) in April 2007 and that will be on the Golden.

That is true. Golden will do two sailings out of S.F. in April but the latest word is that the Dawn will take over the sailings for the fall of 2007 and I think some in 2006 after they come from Alaska.

marilyn

I don't think Crown Princess will be based in Europe either. These ships will stay close to the US and will service more family-oriented markets. Plus, P&O is adding a ship of similar size to their fleet, so there will be lots of "big" ships sailing various European itineraries before too long. Look for good deals on the "Container Ports of Western Europe" itinerary. :)

(I think port facilities will eventually catch up, where they can.)

Hmmmm, not sure that the Crown would be doing Europe anytime soon. I thought that the Caribbean and Crown Princess were purpose built to stay in the Caribbean.

The biggest factor is the fact they donot fit through the Panama Canal. If the Grand class ships are in the Pacific ... chances are they will stay in the Pacific and likewise for the Atlantic.... :)

But it looks like the Golden which has been in the Caribbean is going around the cape and will be in the Pacific. Wonder if it is going to be part of the Alaska fleet ...

Archived