Wi Fi worth it?

Going on Cuban Fusion followed by Pride of Panama next week and would like to keep in contact with family whilst away. I know that we can get wi Fi in some ports but probably not in Cuba which is when we would like to contact them.

So should we sign up to a package on the ship?

I have a vague remembrance that even using the ships wifi in Havana on board was difficult Maybe someone else could confirm this

I do know that often on Marine Traffic the ship is not shown in port due to satellite problems

Can't help with your question.

But, off-topic, if you want to go thro the Panama Canal (partial transit, by boat) and you've not already booked it, best book it through Thomson NOW. There's no other way of experiencing the canal that fits your time in Colon, Colon is a pretty dire port - one of the worst in the Caribbean for safety (and I'm no wimp), and absolutely nothing of interest there anyway.

On our Thomson cruise that trip was booked-out even before the ship sailed. We had booked ahead but others missed out on both that partial transit & the railway option - both of which are only available as ship's excursion.

JB :)

There is limited wifi in Cuba and only in certain areas and very expensive If you watched the Marigold journeys on TV Miriam Margoyles had to go to a park and ask a Cuban lady to help her get on line to download her emails which took ages I would suggest that the authorities were monitoring everything