Cuban Fusion or Pride of Panama

I'm seriously considering one of the above cruises next winter, anyone been on either of the above?

The ports of call look great and a big attraction for me is a direct flight on a Dreamliner without a stop over in America. We have cruised several times but not with Marella.

What time do you typically disembark, I hate the rush off the cruise ship by 8-9am on the last day.

Any thoughts and ideas much appreciated.

You normally have to vacate your cabin at 0800 but you can use all the ship facilities, inc the AI and food until your coach picks you up, if that's late its no problem.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I can confirm that.:)

Same as P&O and other UK-orientated cruise lines that use chartered aircraft.

It makes the transfers so much more civilised.

JB :)

That sounds ideal we have only cruised with US based companies so far, I hate waiting at the airport for 12 hours as most trans atlantic flights are over night so have late evening departures. Anyone been on either the Cuban Fusion or Pride of Panama cruise, i'm struggling to find reviews?

Have been on this b2b cruise twice and Cuban Fusion 3 times and am on again in April I can really recommend them

Take the Panama boat transit trip from Colon - not to be missed and Havana is just fantastic We love the bars on the overnight stopover the music is fabulous

Marella Discovery 2 is ex RCL and is a vision class ship full of light and only 2000 passengers

Go for it!!!

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean VillageFeb 2008 Western Caribbean & Central America

Ocean VillageAug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean

Ocean VillageMar 2010 Eastern Caribbean

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson CelebrationApr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 EasternCaribbean

Thomson Majesty​​Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 Western Caribbean Panama & Cuba

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty​​June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream​​Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream​​April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream​​June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson CelebrationJan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream​​April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Spirit​​June 2017 Classical Greece

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

MarellaCelebrationJan 2018 Caribbean Gems/Coral Islands

Marella Discovery 2 April 2018 Cuban Fusion

MarellaDiscovery 2 April 2018 Atlantic Discoveries

Marella Dream May 2018 Spanish Delights

Marella Discovery 2June 2018 Aegean Meze

MarellaDream​​Sept 2018 Mediterranean Medley

That sounds ideal we have only cruised with US based companies so far, I hate waiting at the airport for 12 hours as most trans atlantic flights are over night so have late evening departures. Anyone been on either the Cuban Fusion or Pride of Panama cruise, i'm struggling to find reviews?

From a couple of years ago.....

Embarkation was at Mo' Bay, Jamaica.

No opportunity to do anything there, nor IIRC on the last day, due to transfers etc.

But it was also a mid-cruise port-of-call (the changeover from P o Panama to Cuban Fusion). We pre-booked with a local tour operator to climb Dunn's River Falls, something well over an hour away on the coast road. Bought some swimming shoes on the way (cheap but pretty essential for the Falls cos they grip brilliantly). Then short drive to go river-tubing on the White River (much more relaxing), a quick visit to Ocho Rios market (pretty awful cos you get pestered throughout by over-zealous hawkers), then back to the ship.

Cartagena was excellent, various ways to make the short journey into town.

We didn't make San Blas islands due to weather - I'm not sure that any Thomson cruises made it season-long for the same reason :(

Colon is an awful place. Do pre-book the partial canal transit by boat (exceptional) or the train to Panama as a Thomson's excursion - and do it now, cos both sold-out even before we'd boarded. There is nothing else in Colon & much of the town is off-limits due to crime, and you can't do your own thing for railway or Panama Canal.

We didn't make Puerto Limon due to high seas. They weren't bad, but a lot worse than the calm Caribbean seas we'd always had before.

For Playa del Carmen we did a Thomson excursion to the Mayan ruins atTulum and the water resort at XL-Ha (??) two contrasting places in one excursion, another good day.

Havana we did our own thing both days, very easy.

Grand Caymen we fixed up on the pier for a boat trip to go snorkelling at Stingray City (google it). OK, lots of boats there, but a great experience amongst the wild stingrays.

Thomson ships aren't a patch on the US or Italian or P&O ships, they're older hand-me-downs with none of the glitz or boys' toys. But always acceptable, always very friendly, none of the on-board sticker-shocks that you get with US & Italian ships, and some great itineraries

JB :)