What’s the best thing to do in St. Thomas?

Papaglejo

We will be going in June to St. Thomas. We don’t really care for beaches and laying out in the sun since my husband farms and is out in the sun all the time. What are other things to do on the island? Is there a certain tour group to use or should we just use the excursions booked through Oasis?

We went to St. Thomas and we booked with Brenda and Franko's tours. They had different options. We toured the city and the major attractions, did a little bit of shopping, stopped at the overlook and then went to a beach. I will say that while St. Thomas has some beautiful sights I will never go back to that island again, I will also avoid any ship that stops there. The "imported" locals, AKA relocated Americans, are very rude to tourists. We had a drunk woman, who was from the US and moved there a few years prior call my husband horrible names just for being on the island. We were told by a true local that we had friended that it was common. The true locals are very nice and helpful. Since you are going I would recommend Brenda and Franko's tours, they will be sure to take good care of you and get you back on the boat. I would recommend asking to be dropped off downtown an hour and a half before the boat leaves. St. Thomas has some excellent shopping and liquor prices are rock bottom here.

OP-- We used Sunny Liston for our first time in St. Thomas. Very enjoyable tour. If the Skyride to Paradise Point is open when you go, it is a fun thing to do too. Great views of the islands.

njrover-- sorry you had a bad experience in St. Thomas. We love St. Thomas-- have done several land vacations there.

I have been going to St. Thomas for over 30 years and hope to go for many more years

It’s a shame that one drunk woman soured you on an island that has so much to offer

I’ve had some bad incidents with visitors off the ships but I still welcome cruisers and answer questions

Don’t let one incident spoil your perception of an entire island.

If they are up and zipping by the time you get there - Tree Liming Zip Lines was one of the best things we ever did. I am the biggest wus in the world but I never felt unsafe. They are so very professional. The place is beautiful - it was a mountain top estate that they bought and built for zip lining. One woman in our group screamed thru the whole thing and then said she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

If they are up and zipping by the time you get there - Tree Liming Zip Lines was one of the best things we ever did. I am the biggest wus in the world but I never felt unsafe. They are so very professional. The place is beautiful - it was a mountain top estate that they bought and built for zip lining. One woman in our group screamed thru the whole thing and then said she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I am hoping they are. Had this booked through ship for our April 1, 2018 cruise on Allure but it was cancelled.