Shadowmeboy's Star studded Christmas Mexican Riviera review!

shadowmeboy

DSCF0512-L.jpg

DSCF0513-L.jpg

DSCF0514-L.jpg

DSCF0515-L.jpg

we got back to the dock. Caught a ride on a shuttle golf cart in the port area back to the Star.

IMG_1609-L.jpg

Susan and I found a couple of shells at Las Caletas.

When we got to the Star, we walked around the tents set up on the pier to find any souvenirs we didn't really need. I mean any souvenirs we had to have. That is it.

IMG_1610-L.jpg

Susan found a magnet

We just went on a cruise on The Breakaway in Oct. & its funny how the specialty dining menus in La Cucina & Cagneys were slightly different. Strange. I have to say the menus on your cruise look better :)

Really enjoying your review & photos!

The Star menus were similar in the Specialties to the Sun which we sailed in June 2016. They were different from the Escape. This is why there are so many questions on the boards. Menu’s still vary ship to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your review! It is helping me know what to expect next year when we'll be on the same cruise. A question -

I've heard there is a special menu in the main dining rooms for Christmas Eve. Did you notice anything? I have also read conflicting information on the specialty restaurants - there were no special Christmas Eve menus in the specialty restaurants, (which seems to be true from the Cagney's menu), and, I also read that the French restaurant served a special traditional French Christmas Eve dinner. Any info on special Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dining would be appreciated so I can premake reservations.

THANK YOU AGAIN - great pictures :)

Your welcome!

The MDR’s did have a special menu. I asked on board about specialties and was told they were on regular menus. We did go to the MDR for dinner, so I do have the Christmas dinner menu. It will come up shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_9849-L.jpg

I got the beef Wellington, but I also wanted the Ham

So Dessert rolled around. I wasn't sure I would like the Pumpkin souffle, so I order it and the Warm Lava Cake. Susan ordered the Pumpkin Souffle.

IMG_9850-L.jpg

Pumpkin Souffle

IMG_9851-L.jpg

Warm lava Cake

Well our waitress didn't hear Susan's. I ate my dessert and Susan is glaring at me. I told her the Pumpkin Souffle was really good. She finally flags the waitress down. We get it straightened out. Susan reorders the Souffle and I order another one, because it was so good!

After Dinner, we went to the Christmas Show

IMG_9853-L.jpg

IMG_9854-L.jpg

Tom was hosting along with Santa. Well Santa could not be found. so they would try to find Santa and had video of him all over the ship.

IMG_9856-L.jpg

IMG_9869-L.jpg

IMG_9870-L.jpg

The Christmas Show was excellent. After the show, we headed back to the stateroom.

IMG_9872-L.jpg

This guy was waiting for us. We sat on the balcony for a few minutes, before turning in for the night. We gained back an hour tonight, so back to Mountain time zone for Mazatlan tomorrow, but the Port time was an hour earlier so no net gain.

- I am going to stop here for tonight.

I woke up to a fabulous sunrise over the Sea of Cortez

IMG_9873-L.jpg

IMG_9874-L.jpg

The lights of Mazatlan in the distance

IMG_9875-L.jpg

Once Susan finally got up, we headed up to breakfast.

IMG_9876-L.jpg

My breakfast appetizers

IMG_9877-L.jpg

Susan got some Oatmeal.

IMG_9878-L.jpg

I got Crab Cake Benedict