Equinox RS 1607 vs 1118?

soxfan2013

I always prefer the RS on 10 (no public spaces overhead). I also prefer the RS that is in the middle of the “hallway,” not the one directly at the “hallway” door. The one at the hallway door—if you open the suite door and people are going up and down the stairway—they can see inside the suite—so more options of “less privacy”. Just my opinion and can’t get to deck plans right now to see exact suites you mention. All said any day is a RS is better than a day at Home!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you make an important point. 1607 on Deck 11 looks like it is under the pool deck, so there could be sliding chairs above. 1118 on Deck 10, is under a Penthouse suite on Deck 11, so likely to be quieter, but it does open into the hallway with the elevators vs tucked down the hall.

First I'll say this is just my opinion based on layouts and previous posts, we haven't been in either.

Due to comments we see often about deck chairs moving etc. we tend to avoid a cabin right below the pool area. Emelle makes a good point as you've mentioned. Are 1116, or 1239 available on your sailing? Those seem to solve both issues.

Having been in the equivalent of a RS on Oceania, but below the cafe area, I can tell you---even if the area is closed, there will be people out washing the floor, moving chairs etc even at 3:00am….they work while we sleep…or try to in my case. It did not bother my husband, who could sleep through a tornado, but it did me, even though I am known to sometimes take a sleep aid when on a trip.

Also on some X cruises now, including one we were just on, the solarium/pool area has been used for the "silent disco" party…which is usually 10:00pm or later. If you like to dance at the party, no problem, if they are dancing and jumping over your head and you like to be resting by late night, it could be a problem. Don't forget they do have parties at the pool at night too sometimes.

So if I were given the only two options you have, I would definately pick the RS below the PH. I have stayed in similar locations several times and usually no loud ceiling stomps nor too many scraping chairs from the PH! I learned to not be near the sightway of the door when husband was coming and going if I was in my night clothes etc.

Was in 1118 in September on Equinox. Great cabin, no noise at all. I wouldn't worry about people looking in too much. Those entering the hallway are turning right to go to their cabin. Yea they may want a peek at your nice suite, so what let them!

We have been in 1607 or equivalent on 3 different S class ships and had no noise issues at all.

Owing to the room being the end of the hump your view seems better than a ‘middle’ RS. They are our preferred rooms.