Liquid policy exemption

CharismaticWoman

I called the special needs desk for a liquid exemption ( ensure ) and a nutrition bullett..My papers had liquid exemption on them. Didn't specify what liquids ..They did say that it had to be carry on...Ended up finding powdered ensure so no need for liquids.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You contact the Access Desk. The phone number is 1-866-584-9756 or you can email accessdesk@ncl.com. If you have a good PCC, they might also be able to take care of things for you.

The first time we did this, it took quite a while for us to have things approved (several phone calls and emails). Start this process as soon as possible so it is complete before you cruise.

She called and apparently they are going to put a sticker on her card that says or shows she medically needs water bottles so they’ll be included for her on her beverage package...not sure if that is something they typically do or not. I know sometimes when you call different representatives tell you completely different things so hopefully that’s not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She called and apparently they are going to put a sticker on her card that says or shows she medically needs water bottles so they’ll be included for her on her beverage package...not sure if that is something they typically do or not. I know sometimes when you call different representatives tell you completely different things so hopefully that’s not the case. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have the Access desk email you that info, print it out, and take it with you in case of problems

Have the Access desk email you that info, print it out, and take it with you in case of problems

Agree 1000%.

You are still going to have issues getting water included regardless of what the access desk said. Be prepared to fight this onboard

Oh and print out 2 copies. One as a back up. And take a pix of it too

I'd even go as far as to reconfirm this 2x minimum in the weeks before the cruise

I bring one every time I cruise because that’s all I use in my coffee. I carry it in my backpack and never had an issue with it. I then use a smaller bottle to refill to bring to restaurants. I store it in the refrigerator in the room.

thank you Babs84 for answering my question. I will throw it in my backpack!

I just got back from the NCL Jade. I had emailed the access desk at NCL ahead of time, due to special dietary needs. I did not put my liquids in the checked baggage, and our baggage didn't get to our room til after 8pm, so I was glad I had it in carry on. It meant a little detour during the embarkation security, but nothing awful, as they checked the 2 bottles I was bringing. We were in Group 11 for embarking, so we were waiting around in the terminal anyway.

I would say just carry it on, so that it doesn't hold up your bags.

Last summer we sailed on the Dawn. I emailed the Access Desk about bringing breastmilk and a liquid medication onboard for my son, they emailed back, and I got the liquids exemption approval. Super easy through embarkation, etc. I did carry everything on with me if I remember correctly and nothing in checked baggage. I am hoping it's as easy this time around because I have specifically requested to bring on electrolyte water and/or pedialyte for my son, as well.

Haven't read about anyone getting special allowance to bring water onboard, since they not only sell water, but have free water in the buffet, etc., but you can try the special needs number and they will ask for a letter from her doctor: 866-584-9756

I've gotten an exemption to bring bottled water on twice (for baby formula). They'll allow it if you have a legitimate reason.

My bag arrived with a note inside, so they opened it without me being there.

Policies are not uniformly enforced.

I had the samething happen to me, they even removed the zip tie left me a note and resealed it with the same zip tie lol