Any reason to choose Symphony over Harmony or vice versa?

bowlman23

Leaving on a Saturday works better for us. This way we have a day to do laundry and catch up on missed sleep before going back to work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Ha I am the opposite, I prefer a Sunday embarkation because then I don't have to take an extra vacation day to fly in the day before the ship leaves.

I'm really torn. They're so similar. Wondering if Harmony will be more polished than Symphony since it's been a few years she's been afloat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My guess would be by March Symphony have any issues worked out and normally Royal loads up the newer ships with its top performers as far as the employees since the consumer is paying more of a premium to sail on it.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

My guess would be by March Symphony have any issues worked out and normally Royal loads up the newer ships with its top performers as far as the employees since the consumer is paying more of a premium to sail on it.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

I agree about the employees and performers. I sailed when the oasis was brand new and wow I felt the difference everyone one was excellent like really excellent even the guy cleaning the stairs at 2am.

I suppose it depends on what is or important to you when you look at the differences between the two. In all honesty, I chose to Allure over the Oasis a few years ago because I wanted to see Chicago instead of Hairspray. I haven't looked at your particular cruises, but as mentioned, overall price considerations (including flights), day of departure, itinerary, what's offered on board, etc. I would also consider what types of cabins are still available, but some people don't care about that.

Do them both.:)

Best advice yet.

I'm driven by Saturday departures normally too.

Also for where I fly from it is less time and cheaper to get to San Juan than Miami/FLL so I am also a guy who doesn't do new until the new car smell has almost worn off just to justify the flights to FLA.

Best advice yet.

I'm driven by Saturday departures normally too.

Also for where I fly from it is less time and cheaper to get to San Juan than Miami/FLL so I am also a guy who doesn't do new until the new car smell has almost worn off just to justify the flights to FLA.

I'd love to do them both. My wife sort of wants to do Harmony so we have something to work up to with Symphony

Yes choose Symphony over Harmony as Symphony will have a pool in the adult solarium. They forgot to put it into the Harmony and a lot of people are upset including me. Do you like Grease or Hairspray. I might add Grease is a very long show. Maybe Hairspray will be shorter. Most of the audience fell asleep during Grease.

Looking to go on a cruise in December or January, and debating between Harmony and Symphony. I know there are some nuances between the two. I've been on Oasis back in 2011 and really enjoyed it.

Is there any reason to choose one over the other besides price? Obviously Symphony will feel a bit newer, but Harmony is still fairly new too.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

If you like the solarium and it's pool then Harmony is not for you.