Our "move over" cruise is coming up and we can't get the Princess rep to answer

pompeii

OP- any resolution?

We left the rep a vm yesterday afternoon. We'll follow up tomorrow using the regular number if we don't hear back today. I'm at work and he's at the dr. so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for asking!

L:Dri frm that South American cruise...I remember how happy and excited you were when your offer was made.....and even think you spoke of taking this cruise to replace S.A........unfortunate you are having difficulty now....but I am sure all will work out.....BTW our S.A. cruise was wonderful......made all our ports, weather pretty good,excursions great and the penguins so cute.

Unfortunately I have no advice as I have never accepted a move over.... just wanted to say Hi and Good Luck.

L:Dri frm that South American cruise...I remember how happy and excited you were when your offer was made.....and even think you spoke of taking this cruise to replace S.A........unfortunate you are having difficulty now....but I am sure all will work out.....BTW our S.A. cruise was wonderful......made all our ports, weather pretty good,excursions great and the penguins so cute.

Unfortunately I have no advice as I have never accepted a move over.... just wanted to say Hi and Good Luck.

Hi Lori, thanks for reaching out! Glad you all had a great time on the SA cruise; we'll make it there some day! And yes, we are very excited about Norway and Iceland - we never would have been able to swing this one unless it was a move over. Cabins are very expensive on this itinerary for some reason. And this is just a temporary blip that will all work out, I have no doubt.

If asked b4 ignore...Oh BTW how does the move over work for air...I mean are they paying a portion or all of it? Why not call IT and ask why you cannot book air ?

On a move over, the airfare is protected so that no matter what the new fare is you won't pay any more than the fare from the first one. And if it is less you get paid back the difference. So basically we already paid for our airfare for this cruise on the SA cruise.

My husband did speak to someone in EZ Air yesterday but said the guy was kind of clueless and didn't seem to understand move overs. It seems like yield management is the only dept that knows how to deal with it.

Hi Lori, thanks for reaching out! Glad you all had a great time on the SA cruise; we'll make it there some day! And yes, we are very excited about Norway and Iceland - we never would have been able to swing this one unless it was a move over. Cabins are very expensive on this itinerary for some reason. And this is just a temporary blip that will all work out, I have no doubt.

On a move over, the airfare is protected so that no matter what the new fare is you won't pay any more than the fare from the first one. And if it is less you get paid back the difference. So basically we already paid for our airfare for this cruise on the SA cruise.

My husband did speak to someone in EZ Air yesterday but said the guy was kind of clueless and didn't seem to understand move overs. It seems like yield management is the only dept that knows how to deal with it.

I can see why the rep might not think it is a priority as you have protection...but if you can get money back then it does become a priority for you. If you do a mock booking and see rates where you can receive a refund...I certainly would take a screen shot. But as you know EZ air is a moving target, do they allow you make as many changes as you want after it is "booked" the first time or would you have to go thru M.C. for every change or once booked is it final. Now that would be a pain...as we both no it will work out, but it sure is frustrating.

GOOD Luck..and have a wonderful Cruise!!!!

I can see why the rep might not think it is a priority as you have protection...but if you can get money back then it does become a priority for you. If you do a mock booking and see rates where you can receive a refund...I certainly would take a screen shot. But as you know EZ air is a moving target, do they allow you make as many changes as you want after it is "booked" the first time or would you have to go thru M.C. for every change or once booked is it final. Now that would be a pain...as we both no it will work out, but it sure is frustrating.

GOOD Luck..and have a wonderful Cruise!!!!

Exactly, Lori - I want to be able to make flight changes myself if I see a better itinerary or better fares. Having to go through someone else is for the birds! I usually change my flights numerous times before the 45 days.

Anyway, I do have an update. MC returned dh's call (very apologetic of course) and they spoke for about an hour yesterday afternoon. He said we should have been able to book and change flights ourselves on our personalizer like usual and he "reset" something and to try again. Once we have our flights settled, let him know and he will apply the credit. He also gave us our cabin assignment (we could have chosen our cabin but went with a guarantee because there were no port side minis available at that time.) He assigned a mini on the port side, so we're happy about that!

But I think I may have found the glitch......I had been trying to book Air Canada (better flight times and price) when getting the error msg, and I got the same error when I tried again this morning. Ugh. So I tried United flights even tho they aren't exactly the ones I want, and voila, success, flights booked! So......I think the problem may be Air Canada. I'll have to try calling EZ Air when I have an hour to kill and see if they can help.

Baby steps.......

Exactly, Lori - I want to be able to make flight changes myself if I see a better itinerary or better fares. Having to go through someone else is for the birds! I usually change my flights numerous times before the 45 days.

Anyway, I do have an update. MC returned dh's call (very apologetic of course) and they spoke for about an hour yesterday afternoon. He said we should have been able to book and change flights ourselves on our personalizer like usual and he "reset" something and to try again. Once we have our flights settled, let him know and he will apply the credit. He also gave us our cabin assignment (we could have chosen our cabin but went with a guarantee because there were no port side minis available at that time.) He assigned a mini on the port side, so we're happy about that!

But I think I may have found the glitch......I had been trying to book Air Canada (better flight times and price) when getting the error msg, and I got the same error when I tried again this morning. Ugh. So I tried United flights even tho they aren't exactly the ones I want, and voila, success, flights booked! So......I think the problem may be Air Canada. I'll have to try calling EZ Air when I have an hour to kill and see if they can help.

Baby steps.......

Wonderful...I am glad to see they just credit you, most likely at the 45 day mark since u are gng flex.....nice to know you have control. And that port mini sounds perfect...now you better make this cruise:D That is probably why I would never take a move, # 1 cuz I put great effort in the planning of the first one and #2 my fear of not making the replacement(family commitments).

Once again.....enjoy and happy sailing....

Edited by land lover

Wonderful.. And that port mini sounds perfect...now you better make this cruise:D

Yes, ma'am!!

So happy to hear he returned your call. He's really a great rep to work with, just swamped some times! :hearteyes:

That's why altho we wanted an answer we didn't want to give him too much grief. He has to deal with move over offers for cruises leaving in a few days, so our airfare for one in a few months had to take a back seat. But it would be nice if there was someone in the department who dealt just with the booked ones.

Also, my husband was able to reserve the Air Canada flights, at a much higher price so no refund for now but at least they're booked. We'll keep an eye on the prices.