First time aqua cruiser

Texascruiser2008

We ate at around 7-7:30 every night and ate in Blue 12 of the 14 nights and didn’t wait once, we had a table of 4. However I did see people arriving at 8-8:30 and had to wait at times but no longer than 10 minutes. I can’t comment earlier than that as we were probably in the Martini bar. [emoji483][emoji2].

We also ended up sitting in the same section and had the same serving staff every night. We had great service but we are not high maintenance customers. We always like to try what the suggest and we were rarely disappointed. Next year we’re booked on Silhouette and decided to do MDR and put our $$ towards specialty restaurants. We love the Lawn Club Grill. But that could change if the Aqua price makes sense. I do prefer the intimate atmosphere of Blu over MDR.

Your experience on Blu doesn’t sound like the norm. This was our second time and we had a great experience the first time as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I’ll hope to have your experience the next time around:). We preferred 7-7:30 ourselves, but always waited for a table. On the way to the Rendevous Lounge, we were amazed to see at least 20 people lined up outside Blu 20 minutes before it opened! We were happy to avoid the early dining rush lol. You were in Aqua on S class ships, right?

Yes, most people tell us our experience wasn’t the norm. That is why we’ll try again, on a different ship.

Well I’ll hope to have your experience the next time around:). We preferred 7-7:30 ourselves, but always waited for a table. On the way to the Rendevous Lounge, we were amazed to see at least 20 people lined up outside Blu 20 minutes before it opened! We were happy to avoid the early dining rush lol. You were in Aqua on S class ships, right?

Yes, most people tell us our experience wasn’t the norm. That is why we’ll try again, on a different ship.

We were on Reflection (the largest of X's ships) in December and dined in Blu 10 of 11 nights. We dined anywhere between 6 and 8 and sat with the same servers nightly and only waited once for a table. The wait was under 5 minutes. I think perhaps your experience was out of the norm.

That makes sense, but it's too bad. I just booked the Equinox for October onboard the Summit. It will be my second cruise on Celebrity. Part of it was based on my experience in the Summit. I hope the experience will be as good!

You will love the Solstice Class ship Equinox. S-Class ships are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We were on Reflection (the largest of X's ships) in December and dined in Blu 10 of 11 nights. We dined anywhere between 6 and 8 and sat with the same servers nightly and only waited once for a table. The wait was under 5 minutes. I think perhaps your experience was out of the norm.

We had a similar experience on Reflection last year, but in the MDR. As I said, we had a poor Aqua experience last summer, on Summit. I believe you and all the others who say our experience was outside the norm. And I remind you that we weren’t alone in having this experience on that cruise. We will try Aqua once more. All that remains is for us to find a reasonable Aqua fare on an S class ship:).

I just got off the Eclipse a week ago. Second time doing Blu. Food and service was great. I decided to venture out and try more seafood. Wasn’t disappointed. Favourite was Halibut and Sea Bass. Breakfast was great as well. No complaints. Last year we did MDR and food was great there as well. I find with Celebrity food is always good, just some meals are better than others. We tried Murano one night and loved it. Also did Tuscan - didn’t like it as much.

As for the person being so nasty on this thread and I’ve seen you on other threads being just as negative - I hope you mean it when you say your done with Celebrity because I’m hoping not to meet your acquaintance on any of my upcoming cruises. I find your name interesting as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto!! Celebrity is top notch, the Best. The CC Awards agree [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We had a similar experience on Reflection last year, but in the MDR. As I said, we had a poor Aqua experience last summer, on Summit. I believe you and all the others who say our experience was outside the norm. And I remind you that we weren’t alone in having this experience on that cruise. We will try Aqua once more. All that remains is for us to find a reasonable Aqua fare on an S class ship:).

It's good to be open minded. Keep being vigilant even after booking. On a recent cruise we booked Concierge Class, then saw a price drop several months later. We were able to upgrade to Aqua, keep all of our perks and OBC and save $400. Since then I check for price drops regularly.