Upgrade advice needed

delluser

Hi All,

Booked a "late to the party" cruise (Dawn) that is just 46 days out. We have sailed on NCL once before prior to the whole bidding on an upgrade thing. I booked 3 people into an OA gty. However, in myncl portal I've already received a note about upgrading. We will be just fine in an OV room if that is what we end up with, so I'm inclined on taking my chances to see if we get an automatic upgrade due to fuller occupancy during our sailing. I don't want to be dumb either especially if it would only take $100 to get a balcony or mini-suite. All advise and thoughts welcome!

also-it does appear they've already assigned us a room. Since it's a guarantee can that change prior to sailing?

Nope. You have your stateroom. If you would like to upgrade, make a bid. there are no additional "free upgrades"

Prior to the automated upgrades, NCL offered upgrades through their upsell number. They only automated the process with the larger number of rooms/passengers as they launch a new mega ship a year.

Bid the amount you feel is worth paying for a nicer room. Keep in mind the new room will also be a 'guarantee' and can be ANY room of that category.

Also keep in mind how else that money could be used. Would you have more fun using it for specialty dining or drinks? What about nicer shore excursions or getting souveniers? I personlly like to book inside or OV initially and then get a cheap upgrade as its FAR cheaper than booking a balcony/mini-suite initially.