Adult Only Pools

Canadian Sunset

Do any Princess ships have a pool for those age 16+? My husband and I now both enjoy a pool where we don’t have to worry about dodging kids. We were on a Celebrity ship that had an area like this that was also covered and it was our favourite spot during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure which ship in particular you are considering so I'll try to describe a bit of them all.

Most Princess ships usually have two areas that are 18+.

Most ships are some version of Grand class (Caribbean, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Ruby, Sapphire, Star) and follow the pattern I've described below.

Royal / Regal / Majestic are different, as are the ones I list at the end.

- Sanctuary - which is pay for reserved loungers, with nice beverage and snack service, cushy chairs reserved for you. About $40/day if I recall correctly, half days available. Go quickly when you embark to reserve as they sell out fast. The pools are outside the Sanctuary.

- Adults pools - On Grand class: the "Lotus Spa Pool" or "Lap Pool" on the deck plans - forward area, tucked in beside the Sanctuary and the Spa. No cost.

On Royal / Regal the "Retreat Pool" - it is a pool with a lot more around the pool seating than Spa or Lap pools, but it is pretty windy most days and there is no real shade at all. No cost, except for renting certain "cabanas" for seating. Majestic has a different layout.

Grand class ships have an aft "Terrace pool" - a smaller pool right at the back that is adults only with some loungers nearby.

The aft small plunge pool on Regal is still for everyone last I heard.

Some Grand class ships have covered pools but they are NOT adults only.

The other ships - Sea, Sun, Coral, Island - have different layouts and different pool setups that I'm not familiar with but based on the deck plans it appears that there is a "Sanctuary pool" which may be part of the pay area but I'm really not sure if you have to pay to access that pool or not.

Pacific Princess is a small ship and completely different.

We have been on the Crown and Grand, and both ships have the Sanctuary (adults only) and they have pools.

There is no pool in The Sanctuary. On all the different iterations of Grand-class ships the Lap Pool next to the Lotus Spa is designated adults only but otherwise open to all, not just paying customers of the Spa or The Sanctuary. The aft Terrace Pool is designated adults only as well.

On Coral and Island Princess the Lotus Pool is designated adults only but not practical to enforce due to its midship location and also having the Ice Cream Bar within its limits.

(Actually the Sun-class ships do have a small splash pool in The Sanctuary just in case the OP may be headed for the Pacific Rim)

The Sun Princess was our least favorite cruise due to the number of kids on board and the lack of an enforced adult's only pool. There was a small pool designated for adults only, but it was beside the main pool and frequently overrun with kids.

Do any Princess ships have a pool for those age 16+? My husband and I now both enjoy a pool where we don’t have to worry about dodging kids. We were on a Celebrity ship that had an area like this that was also covered and it was our favourite spot during the day.Sent from my iPad using Forums

The best Princess ship we have been on for kid free experience is Golden Princess ... closely followed by Emerald Princess.

The pool and bar at the aft of the ship is adults only was policed when we were on board.

The pools near Sanctuary were also kid free however there are only about 10-12 loungers. There is no shade. But the bathrooms are excellent,

The pool near Lotus Spa also doubles as the pool for the Sanctuary so it was nice however the deck is metallic (no carpet) such that if you are in the tropics you can not walk to the pool without BBQing your feet.

There is no drink or waiter service such as it is - probably why most people's stay is so short ..... thus you find a high turn over of people per lounger.

There is however two drinking water fountains and great showers near the pool and a steady supply of fresh towels.

Trust me, because the pool is below and behind the 'wind shield' provided by the Sanctuary it gets HOT. There is no breeze

It's not that I don't like kids, apparently I used to be one myself, but just not in my pool, restaurant, hearing range, vision, cruise etc

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf

The Sun Princess was our least favorite cruise due to the number of kids on board and the lack of an enforced adult's only pool. There was a small pool designated for adults only, but it was beside the main pool and frequently overrun with kids.

Sun has the Lotus Spa Pool aft, which is adult's only. It is not the pool beside the main pool. Perhaps you never found that one.

• 5 years later...
On 1/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, fishywood said:

There is no pool in The Sanctuary. On all the different iterations of Grand-class ships the Lap Pool next to the Lotus Spa is designated adults only but otherwise open to all, not just paying customers of the Spa or The Sanctuary. The aft Terrace Pool is designated adults only as well.

On Coral and Island Princess the Lotus Pool is designated adults only but not practical to enforce due to its midship location and also having the Ice Cream Bar within its limits.

(Actually the Sun-class ships do have a small splash pool in The Sanctuary just in case the OP may be headed for the Pacific Rim)

The Santuary Pool is the Lotus pool, but it is open to anyone over 18.