Service Charge and Promo Srvc Charge

twallan59

I just have a question now before I pay for our tickets.

We booked a Adult Beverage Package and $299.80 was added to our Summary (as a Promo Srvc Charge)

Do I also need to add Prepaid Service Charges to the total sum ($262.64) or is that in the $299.80?

Or is the service charge $562.64 for 7 days? :confused:

The first charge would be the tax/gratuity for the beverage package, the service charge is the $13.99 per person per day that covers gratuity/ tips for most employees. So yes, 2 separate charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked a Adult Beverage Package and $299.80 was added to our Summary (as a Promo Srvc Charge)

Do I also need to add Prepaid Service Charges to the total sum ($262.64) or is that in the $299.80?

You have only been charged with the auto-gratuity on the beverage packages, the Daily Service Charge (gratuity for your room steward and wait staff in restaurants and others) will come on top of that (you can either prepay it or it will be charged to your on board account during your cruise).

They are two separate things.

The daily service charge covers staff like your room steward, and you don’t need to pay this now. It can be added to your room charge when onboard.

The promo service charge relates to the beverage package and you have to pay this before the cruise if you take that perk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a "US dollar vs Canadian dollar" thing going on?

The service charge on the UBP is $17.80 USD per person per day.

The DSC (for most non-suites) is $13.99 USD per person per day.

Yes, I was using Canadian dollar............... :rolleyes: but that is ok.

The $299.80 is the service charge on the beverage package that you chose as your Free at Sea option. The second figure is the DSC or daily service charge that is in lieu of gratuities to the crew. If you don't want to pay the First figure you can switch your perk to something other than the UBP.

Unless you think that you will spend $300 for alcoholic beverage the UBP is not worth the cost.

The $299.80 is the service charge on the beverage package that you chose as your Free at Sea option. The second figure is the DSC or daily service charge that is in lieu of gratuities to the crew. If you don't want to pay the First figure you can switch your perk to something other than the UBP.

Unless you think that you will spend $300 for alcoholic beverage the UBP is not worth the cost.

:D Well its $300 for both of us, so that is $150 each, and we might drink a beer or two or even three ;p each day and some wine to supper and so, so I guess it is worth the $300 for the drinks, then we don't have to think about that at least. :beer-toast::wine-glass:

:D Well its $300 for both of us, so that is $150 each, and we might drink a beer or two or even three ;p each day and some wine to supper and so, so I guess it is worth the $300 for the drinks, then we don't have to think about that at least. :beer-toast::wine-glass:

Definitely worth your while then :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk