Breakaway - Spa Balcony, Aft Balcony or Large Balcony? What are you thoughts?

My DH and I booked an 11 day Caribbean cruise to celebrate his retirement in October. We initially booked an Aft OV, but I want to upgrade as a surprise for him. I'm considering either a Large Balcony cabin on deck 9, an Aft balcony, or a Spa Balcony.

We've never had any of these types of cabins in all our cruises, so I'm looking for some preferences and/or suggestions from those who have to sell me on why one is better than the other?

All of those are great and each has it's own unique advantages over standard balcony cabins. Of those three choices, there really is no comparison to the spectacular views you'll get from an AFT facing balcony. A large balcony is great if you spend a lot of time out on the balcony, but AFT balconies can often be a bit bigger than standard balconies anyway. If you're a SPA couple, that balcony may be the way to go. If my LW (lovely wife) were to offer me my choice...I'd select the AFT balcony in a second.

PS-want to adopt a 45 year old?

Regular balconies are tiny. Very tiny. Most people who insist on a balcony hardly ever set foot on them.

I will politely disagree with this. Yes, the balconies are often TINY. But I can stand at the railing of a tiny balcony and enjoy the view as much as I can on a large balcony. And if there's room for me to sit in a chair with a drink by my side and a book in my lap...I'm good.

If money is no object, then by all means go for an AFT facing. Large and great views. But we're happy with our regular ol' balcony stateroom. As others have said, each has advantages. But I just am saying that the generic balconies DO get used by some...I'm a great example of this.

My vote would be to book the Aft Balcony and purchase spa passes. Best of both worlds. BTW, I had a "tiny" balcony on the Breakaway and sat out on it everyday, especially in the early morning for coffee and later in the afternoon with pre-dinner drinks. Clearly, some cabins are better than others, but in my opinion, every cabin on a cruise ship is awesome.

I have to say, I really enjoyed the Aft balcony on the Breakaway. It was so peaceful, we did not hear obtrusive music from decks above. I believe we were on the 10th floor. we had loungers which was very nice, and we had our friends visit and had room for all. I would highly recommend this cabin. It was a walk to get to the elevators- but this was not a problem for us. Have fun choosing!