Parking in South Beach

Sun Lakes Cruiser

Due to a rescheduled late departure on March 4, we have a few hours to kill on Sunday before returning our rental car to MIA, would like to experience some South Beach shopping, people watching, and lunch. Is parking easy, structure, hotel, lot, etc?? Recommendation very appreciated!

Plenty of lots but the best located and best priced is right off Collins and 16th catty corner to the Palm Hotel. $16 a day which is a bargain in South Beach. It is a city run parking garage.

Public lots in Miami Beach are $1/hr $16-max. These are the lots owned by the City of Miami Beach. A great location one is the one on 17th street just west of Washington Ave. Its the larger older looking garage. There are tons of lots and garages. Unless there is a big event parking is not that difficult.

As for things to do. Lincoln Road Mall (outdoor walking mall) would be #1 on my list. If you want to see the famous Art Deco hotels then head over to Ocean Drive but I highly suggest you don't eat or drink there. Most places (not all) there are a rip off and low quality. You'll find much better options on Lincoln Road. On of my favorite spots in all of Miami is right off Lincoln Road, its called Yardbird. Great food, you'll need to make reservations. You can also check out Havana 1957 for Cuban food.

Public lots in Miami Beach are $1/hr $16-max. These are the lots owned by the City of Miami Beach. A great location one is the one on 17th street just west of Washington Ave. Its the larger older looking garage. There are tons of lots and garages. Unless there is a big event parking is not that difficult.

We park at that lot on 17th Street and Washington and for some reason, it is more expensive. Maybe because of proximity to the Convention Center? Either $20 or $24 a day I can't remember.

We park at that lot on 17th Street and Washington and for some reason, it is more expensive. Maybe because of proximity to the Convention Center? Either $20 or $24 a day I can't remember.

I am not sure what the max daily price is. What I do know is the first 4 hours are $1/hr

I am not sure what the max daily price is. What I do know is the first 4 hours are $1/hr

According to http://www.miamibeachfl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/ParkingWebpageGarageRates.pdf it is $1 an hour up to 6 hours, $8 for up to 7 hours, $10 for up to 8 hours, $15 for up to 15 hours, $20 up to 20 hours, and $15 for event flat rate parking.

Due to a rescheduled late departure on March 4, we have a few hours to kill on Sunday before returning our rental car to MIA, would like to experience some South Beach shopping, people watching, and lunch. Is parking easy, structure, hotel, lot, etc?? Recommendation very appreciated!

We stayed in SB last year. Wasn’t driving but did notice plenty of car parks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums