car rental in Miami

stournillon

I recently rented a car in Miami. Their shuttle picked us up at the ship and transported us to their downtown site. When I arrived about 8:30

I knew I was in trouble as there was a crowd of people in front and the line out the door. I reserved it 4 mos.prior but made the mistake of designating a noon pick-up time. After waiting 45 min. in line I was told there were no cars available but some were on their way(?) and I would have to wait. After waiting in line multiple times to check on progress I was given a car 3 hrs. after arrival. Have rented cars in the past but never went thru anything like that! Good Luck as I don't know any alternative,maybe going to airport instead?????

Strongly suggest you do not use rental agencies neat Port of Miami. #1- When you choose a Port of Miami return or p/u...(and these choices will be shown as a location option) you will pay $40-50/DAY higher than renting elsewhere or Miami Airport. Its as if they build the shuttle cost into the pricing?? #2- Its not worth the wait. Very crowded and disorganized especially during peak periods.

Suggest you uber to/from Miami Airport Rental Agencies and you will still save atleast $20/day on your rental (with uber included)

I though free shuttle from port of Miami only available to Miami airport rental agencies. We took dollar shuttle and were at the airport rental within 20 min. In the car within 10 minutes, very easy and quick.

hmm...When I cruised in November...I rented a car at Miami Airport to drive for my flight out of West Palm Beach. I did not read of any shuttles from the pier to the rental cars at the Airport. If there were any...they had 2 different rental location codes. The price for cars with a port of Miami rental location are inflated. I rented a car for $34 at Miami Terminal to drive to West Palm. It was atleast $90 when using port of miami rental location code. Just be aware of this huge price difference

hmm...When I cruised in November...I rented a car at Miami Airport to drive for my flight out of West Palm Beach. I did not read of any shuttles from the pier to the rental cars at the Airport. If there were any...they had 2 different rental location codes. The price for cars with a port of Miami rental location are inflated. I rented a car for $34 at Miami Terminal to drive to West Palm. It was atleast $90 when using port of miami rental location code. Just be aware of this huge price difference

We just rented last month. Dollar offers free shuttle from port of Miami to airport location. No rental agency in port of Miami.

We rented from fort Lauderdale airport, then returned to Miami airport and used the dollar shuttle. It was waiting and only took about 15 minutes.

On disembarkation we had to wait for a fairly long time for a shuttle, and then the first one was full, although the driver called for a shuttle to come direct to our terminal to get us.

And we got a better deal booking with carrentals.com than direct with dollar.