New Price Drop Question (I think)

Hello,

I've been on the board here for awhile, and I believe I have a novel price drop question.

We have two rooms booked, and my wife and I are booked in separate cabins. Both cabins were booked with a VIFP offer that was in my account.

Right now, for my wife's room, there is a VIFP offer with my number that would result in a price drop. But, the VIFP offer that's under my wife's account would be slightly more than I originally paid (so no drop).

They would not drop the price to the VIFP offer that I have, they said that to drop the rate, the lower price would have to be a VIFP offer that's under her number.

It's a $48 difference. Significant, but not enough to go crazy over. Did they get it right, or should I call back and try someone else?

Thanks.

You might try asking a different Carnival rep. There are certain offers that are good for up to so many cabins. Our PVP was telling us about a rate on one of our cruises that could be applied to the other cabins. Unfortunately, I can't remember a lot of details, but I know it had to do with VIFP specials. I know that's not much help other than to advise that you try to get a different rep that may be more knowledgeable.

Our upcoming cruise was showing a price drop under DH's VIFP# but not mine. They were able to change it when I called and gave them his number, but they did say he had to be on the booking (which he was) in order to get that rate.

I don't know if that's accurate or not; it's probably worth a shot to at least try again once.

So I tried 2 more times. Got the same answer each time.

I can use my VIFP number to book multiple cabins, as long as I'm in one of the cabins, and I book them together.

However, to get price drops with a VIFP rate, the person to whom the VIFP rate is attached must be in the applicable room. So, I was able to book both rooms with my VIFP rate initially. When the VIFP rate dropped, I was able to apply it to the room that I am in (a $30 drop), but not able to apply it to the other room.

Now, why my wife and I don't have the same VIFP sale, when our past cruise history is EXACTLY the same, no one could give an answer to that. In fact, there are no VIFP rates available in her name, at all.

Anyone else been told something like this?

Our upcoming cruise was showing a price drop under DH's VIFP# but not mine. They were able to change it when I called and gave them his number, but they did say he had to be on the booking (which he was) in order to get that rate.

I don't know if that's accurate or not; it's probably worth a shot to at least try again once.

Thanks for this post! I had only been checking my VIFP for price drops. I just checked my boyfriends number and scored $186 in OBC!