Suite lunch on the Pearl - with kids

LeesaB

Will be on the Pearl in mid March and staying in a non-Haven suite. I know we have the use of the suite/Haven breakfast and lunch restaurant... but I will have two 12-year-old boys with me. One is mildly experimental with his food choices, the other gets his cheeseburger plain-with-no-mayo-did-you-get-that-burger-bun-cheese-only thankyouverymuch.

From looking at the breakfast menus posted and people's reviews of their experiences, it looks like breakfast should be no worries there. But lunch looks... like I could have a problem on my hands if his only options are what's on the menu(s) that I've seen or the kids menu which I understand is available anywhere. Not that he would mind the kids menu, but he also eats a lot.

What have others done? Did your picky eaters shun the suite restaurant? Or was the restaurant so accommodating that they made your kids happy with something off-menu or wildly adjusted?

I have one experimental eater and one meat and potatoes kind of kid. Both have found things they can eat on the suite menu, and occasionally ask for something a bit less interesting. Occasionally we let them eat at the buffet :) Your other option is to eat in your suite and order what each person likes, it means some running around for the butler but it can solve this issue rather nicely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't worry about this at all. I think there's still a burger on the suite lunch menu- it can be made plain. Anything on there can be served plain- just ask for what you want. Or as you mentioned, in terms of the kids menu, order up as many things as you want if you think one won't be enough- there's not a limit.

You can always send him down to the buffet if he's not full, or doesn't find anything he wants. I have a picky eater too- they have always been REALLY accommodating.

Also I wouldn't assume something will be small just because it's on the kids menu. My son ordered from the kids menu at least once a day and the PB&J sandwich was 3 full slices of bread layered like a club sandwich! He also LOVED the suite restaurant breakfast. He usually had fruit and pancakes, but there were plenty of kid friendly options.

We have twin sons age 14 and a third son age 12. We ate in the Haven restaurant last December with them on the Escape and the menus look pretty similar. We loved it and have another one planned in a suite on the Star in April. You are right that breakfast will be easy and everyone will find something they like. We found that the smaller suite restaurant is more accommodating and we felt very pampered. There is a kids menu with all the usuals like pizza, nuggets, etc., but the downside to the suite restaurant is that the lunch menu is the same every day. Don’t limit yourself. Eat in the MDR one day, try the buffet, eat by the pool, etc. You will find that you won’t want the same menu every day, either. Your boys are not going to go hungry. Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the restaurant desserts are not kid friendly (unappealing), but the buffet has all kinds of desserts including ice cream. So, you might want to skip dessert sometimes and take the kids there. Relax and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums