Seaside Cabins Becoming More Available (3/24 Cruise)

lcpagejr

For 3 weeks in January and prior to the Holidays...I was trying to secure a cabin for 3 on the 3/24 sailing of the Seaside. I checked my internet agencies 3 to 4x a day...attempted to contact MSC (no response!) and did have several travel agencies call on my behalf... Always got the same message...."cabin category not available...for passengers listed".... There was availability for 2 passengers...but not 3.

By the end of January a few cabins started to show up...I found if I searched around midnight of later...cabins appeared. But I had made my mind up it had to be Aurea or YC. Only Bella, Fantastica and an ocassional Wellness would appear...and quickly be gone by morning.

End of January I came across an available YC (which surprised me) ....which I grabbed immediately!

Even though I am booked I do occasional "dummy bookings" to see what still is available for "3" .... Up until today...there was an occasional Bella or fantastica even a Aurea with whirlpool!! But today...using a dummy booking of 3.... There was 22 Fantastica cabins available!? When I dropped cabin size to just 2...only 2 Fantastica cabins showed?? There were a few stragglers available in the other experiences....including the Aurea w/whirlpool and there does appear to alot of Wellness cabins available (about 12).....which in my opinion seem overpriced based on what you get. You would really have to be a workout junkie and want to live in SPA area to want these cabins at that price.

Purpose of this post was that I was just surprised at the amount of 3+ passenger cabins suddenly available considering I couldn't find one for well over a month.... and for those who trying to cruise on a specific date....don't give up. Be diligent in your search...you will likely be successful

Perhaps some of those cabins were those Accessible cabins not reclaimed by eligible mobility challenged individuals at proper time (I don't know the amount of time for US sailings. Here in Europe it is 45 days prior to sailing due to EU port regulations). They may very well sell them as family rooms for 3 or even 4 guests inside!... :)

Well at least good for those whom luckily will book those cabins once they can have bigger cabins than the usual, downside being the adapted bathroom... Well or perhaps not!... :)

Have a nice day!

Perhaps some of those cabins were those Accessible cabins not reclaimed by eligible mobility challenged individuals at proper time (I don't know the amount of time for US sailings. Here in Europe it is 45 days prior to sailing due to EU port regulations). They may very well sell them as family rooms for 3 or even 4 guests inside!... :)

Well at least good for those whom luckily will book those cabins once they can have bigger cabins than the usual, downside being the adapted bathroom... Well or perhaps not!... :)

Have a nice day!

You may be right... Likely cancellations of European/UK bookings. The cancellation fee at 42-45 days is much much lower in Europe/UK than if you cancel during the same time frame with a US booking

You may be right... Likely cancellations of European/UK bookings. The cancellation fee at 42-45 days is much much lower in Europe/UK than if you cancel during the same time frame with a US booking

You'll may be right also. Cancellations penalties vary vastly here in Europe depending on what market you are... And on whether you're on a regular booking or on one of those language specific small partial charter groups whom leadership themselves have a time limit to revoke cabins they haven't eventually sell... Also, many here do subscribe travel insurance that covers "last minute" cancellations.

Have a nice day!... :)

I booked an Aurea balcony months ago. Recently I thought about upgrading but every time I checked the entire ship was sold out. I checked this morning and saw a Yacht Club room available.

I called expecting to be told it was a mistake but I upgraded to the YC. Hell yeah!

I booked an Aurea balcony months ago. Recently I thought about upgrading but every time I checked the entire ship was sold out. I checked this morning and saw a Yacht Club room available.

I called expecting to be told it was a mistake but I upgraded to the YC. Hell yeah!

You will enjoy it. Great upgrade.

Must be due to the sewage stank.

Thats why I booked yacht club....

I'm not worried. I'm in YC on 18 deck at front of ship....Happy to let odor drift out to sea from aft.

Of course...this is tongue and cheek (not the YC part...which is true) I'm sure its being addressed (LOL)

Wish deluxe YC cabins would open for our April 21st sailing. Keep checking three to four times a day!!

I think your odds are really good! The March 31st sailing really opened up last week, and your trip is about 4 weeks behind that. Crossing fingers for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk