NCL False advertising - $100 Hotel Credit

jaydiane

I sent an email to Meg Lee who is the senior VP in charge of Marketing. She never responded... Her email is meglee@ncl.com... I guess they always ignore complaints.

no they often answer emails, but not always. It depends on a couple of things; 1-how the email was worded and 2-if there is something that can be done to help solve someone's concerns. 3-if in any type of litigation or thought of that, I understand why they will not respond. That being said, we too have emailed or sent letters when something has gone wrong and we do not always get an answer. I guess it just depends on who reads the mail. It is pretty frustrating to expect some sort of response and get nothing.

no they often answer emails, but not always. It depends on a couple of things; 1-how the email was worded and 2-if there is something that can be done to help solve someone's concerns. 3-if in any type of litigation or thought of that, I understand why they will not respond. That being said, we too have emailed or sent letters when something has gone wrong and we do not always get an answer. I guess it just depends on who reads the mail. It is pretty frustrating to expect some sort of response and get nothing.

It's silly to send them an email threatening some kind of class action lawsuit. Those kind of letters are treated the same as the ones claiming they saw the real Elvis on board in the Haven and he's been hiding out on NCL ships since the 1980s.

False advertising is illegal in the USA. If you REALLY want NCL to change, report them. Use the FTC Complaint Assistant for Travel to complain about NCL if you believe the advertising is false advertising. The FTC does investigate and has previously fined cruise lines (including NCL) for illegal advertising activities.

It's silly to send them an email threatening some kind of class action lawsuit. Those kind of letters are treated the same as the ones claiming they saw the real Elvis on board in the Haven and he's been hiding out on NCL ships since the 1980s.

False advertising is illegal in the USA. If you REALLY want NCL to change, report them. Use the FTC Complaint Assistant for Travel to complain about NCL if you believe the advertising is false advertising. The FTC does investigate and has previously fined cruise lines (including NCL) for illegal advertising activities.

sending any letter regardless as how it is sent threatening is stupid and no one should expect an answer. Sending a letter complaining is different. I don't think the poster clarified what type of letter she had sent.

Just more deception on NCL's part. They specialize in it.

P.S. Never, EVER let NCL book your hotel or air.

Cruiseline air can be a great choice when needing international one way flights.

• 9 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 6:50 AM, newmexicoNita said:

totally agree but it isn't false advertising. It is like the ads when a retailer is having a sale: "up to 70% off" but we all know almost nothing is going to really be 70% off and not everything in the store will be on sale.

In the US, the FTC has rules against deceptive practices.  Yes, a retailer may say 70% off if at least SOME items are 70% off (how many is a judgement call).  But what one cannot do is say "up to 70% off" and then have absolutely nothing on sale at that price.  And they must have at least something on sale at that markdown at every store which is featuring the sale.  So it is NOT like those ads.  Every cruise featuring that promotion must have at least some availability for that credit otherwise it is false advertising.