Cab Fare from SFO to Pier

Oxo

Oh My. It sure is not like Fort Lauderdale. Is there a more economical way to get to the pier? I guess I will have to take out a loan to pay for the cab. LOL

Thank you very much for the information.

You can also take BART (subway system) from the airport and get off at the Embaradero Station. You can get a cab from there to the pier (only about a mile or so). You will have to handle your own luggage on BART, but it will only cost you $4.95 per person each way. The Website for BART is www.bart.gov

Hope this helps.

If you can do it, taking the BART system from the Airport to the Embarcadero Station would be economical -- BUT - to get from Embarcadero Station to the Princess Pier would mean a taxi -- and sometimes the traffic can be absolutely HORRENDOUS.

I drove my sister to the Pier in San Francisco and when we hit the Embarcadero we just inched along until we hit the Princess dock. It took the better part of 40 minutes -- for what normally might take perhaps 8 minutes.

Also, it is VERY CHAOTIC at curbside. Cars are everywhere - parking is absolutely non existent (unless you can park in a nearby parking lot or be lucky enough to find a parking meter on a side street 2 blocks away).

For your own sanity, see if SUPER SHUTTLE can arrange your trip for you - and be sure to allow plenty of time for the trip. Good luck!

There’s always Princess transfers – the busses drop you right inside the pier shed. The cost is probably about $20 per person one way, but they also handle your luggage at the pier so once you've loaded it on the bus at the airport, you don't see it again until you get it in your stateroom.

Archived