Main Dining Room

spender

Looking for clarification on main room dining on NCL. This is our first time on NCL, and will be on the Bliss in August. Are you assigned a “main dining”room? Do they all have the same menu each night? If they serve the same menu, why would you chose one room over another? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for clarification on main room dining on NCL. This is our first time on NCL, and will be on the Bliss in August. Are you assigned a “main dining”room? Do they all have the same menu each night? If they serve the same menu, why would you chose one room over another? Thanks

MDR’s have the same menus that change daily.

On the smaller ships often the aft MDR will often require long pants. The Bliss I am not sure about.

For us it’s a personal preference on which one visit. Maybe we wanted to dance on the Escape, well the Manhattan Room would be our choice! A quieter dinner might necessitate taste or savor.

MDR’s have the same menus.

On the smaller ships often the aft MDR will often require long pants. The Bliss I am not sure about.

For us it’s a personal preference on which one visit. Maybe we wanted to dance on the Escape, well the Manhattan Room would be our choice! A quieter dinner might necessitate taste or savor.

The atmospheres are different, but is the same food. Thanks, this helps.

Looking for clarification on main room dining on NCL. This is our first time on NCL, and will be on the Bliss in August. Are you assigned a “main dining”room? Do they all have the same menu each night? If they serve the same menu, why would you chose one room over another? Thanks Sent from my iPad using Forums

NCL embraces Freestyle dining. You can eat at any of the complimentary restaurants any time you want (during opening hours). You can make a reservation for expedited seating, or just wait for the next available table (short wait like any restaurant at home). The Manhattan Room, Taste, and Savor main dining rooms will all have the same menu each night. The menu will have "classic items" served every night (steak, chicken, fish, spaghetti, lasagna, veg pasta), and 7-8 specials of the night (one recent night featured Pasta with Duck, Pan Seared New Zealand Hake Fillet, Eggplant Gorgonzola, Thai Green Chicken Curry, Caribbean Mojo Roast Pork Loin, Beef Meatballs, Prime Rib)

The Manhattan Room is the largest dining room with an aft-facing view and will have live music during early dinner. Taste and Savor are twin dining rooms mid-ship which are smaller and cozier. Freestyle dining also embraces "Dress up or Not". So you can wear shorts to all main dining rooms and all specialty restaurants (except Le Bistro and Ocean Blue). Sometimes if the Manhattan Room has a line, just walk down the hall to Taste and Savor for faster seating.

We just rotate through restaurants for "just to try them",,,, even though they serve the same menu.

Other complimentary restaurants include the Garden Cafe Buffet serving themed dinners each night. Yes, there are items there every night including kids food (which us big kids like too). And the Local serving pub-grub and specials of the night (e.g., prime rib, seafood basket, ribs, etc.)

Exactly 90 days prior to departure (100 days if you are in a Havens suite), restaurant reservations and show reservations will open online on your MyNCL account. If you are doing any additional-fee specialty dining, make your reservations exactly 90 days prior to departure. You will also be able to book the two main theater shows (Jersey Boys and "something"). Make those reservations too. Exactly 90 days prior to departure for the best times.

To answer your last question, largely just for a change of scenery. On the Gem, we favored the Grand Pacific restaurant because it was, well, grand and purdy 🙂