Izumi

khewston

I would like to eat at Izumi, however my husband is allergic to shellfish. I am worried that because everything is cooked on the same grill that there may be cross contamination. Do you think there would be an issue?

Best to talk with the chef onboard. There are usually very good about dietary restrictions.

Are you talking about the hibachi? I have a friend who is very allergic to shellfish. We went to a local hibachi where everyone got a shrimp appetizer. She had to leave the restaurant because the fumes were too much for her. She was able to come back afterwards because people had ordered chicken or beef so no shellfish was being cooked.

I'm sorry but I don't know what this means. We will be on the Oasis.

I don't believe Oasis offers hot rock, since it has the hibachi.

The hot rock is a way to cook your own entree at your table, and I think it's an excellent idea to help avoid cross contamination, but I don't think that is available on Oasis.

love the hot rocks at Izumi

Me too. When it was first offered, it was in a restaurant called Jade on Monarch. One of the options was a very nice filet and it included veggies and potatoes. Last time I did hot rock was on Jewel, and they served sliced beef and no potatoes.

They will usually cook the "allergic" person's food in the back...and bring it out separately. In Japanese steakhouses, they cook the allergic person's stuff first...and then everyone elses....sort of disrupts the "flow" of dinner...depending on why the allergic person is allergic to!

I don't believe Oasis offers hot rock, since it has the hibachi.

The hot rock is a way to cook your own entree at your table, and I think it's an excellent idea to help avoid cross contamination, but I don't think that is available on Oasis.

As far as I know, the hibachi is all that is offered (as compared to the hot rocks) on Oasis class ships.

I am really looking forward to my hibachi experience next Sunday evening!

As someone else said, the policy with an allergy is to cook the food in the back to avoid cross-contamination. I've been with one friend who has a legitimate gluten allergy and they always cook it away from everything else.

No hot rocks on Oasis-class ships.