Almost Live from the Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

Thanks, you're great. I was curious what the living area looked like. Hopefully they didn't waste too much space with the walk-in closet, which is very nice, but when space is short, I'd just as soon have a regular closet. Did you get the balcony too?

By the way, let us know how New Orleans is too. There have been plenty of reports about it still not being habitable, but I am not sure and would love to know how they are doing down there. Are you from LA somewhere? I though that's what zydeco had something to do with.

Thanks, you're great. I was curious what the living area looked like. Hopefully they didn't waste too much space with the walk-in closet, which is very nice, but when space is short, I'd just as soon have a regular closet. Did you get the balcony too?

By the way, let us know how New Orleans is too. There have been plenty of reports about it still not being habitable, but I am not sure and would love to know how they are doing down there. Are you from LA somewhere? I though that's what zydeco had something to do with.

Born and raised in New Orleans. Mom and sister were living there pre-Katrina, but houses are not habitable. Unbelieveable how many others are also "homeless". French Quarter and most other tourist areas are alive and well for the most part and open for business. The older parts of the city are mostly ok. A number of businesses can't open until more employees are available - and they need affordable housing. An ugly and tragic Catch-22.

But New Year's was wild - I thought it might be one extreme or the other. Nothing in moderation in New Orleans.

Your entry:

f6mUaqCd5HrzJOCOck5wBunkJasxhhM10300.jpg

Neighbor's entry:

5HZAT9kxwbdeHOCK0zcQu57JWidOIk7d0300.jpg

Half of balcony and dark picture of sofa area:

F1q-CYaDZYK2+CX2dZa8e-q2HO5YIZ9g0300.jpg

TV/wet bar opposite of sofa and looking back out entry...

MM3oF3jBIB-004gWKzJ3KaOe0sjCQwQw0300.jpg

TV opposite bed, has separate shower tub in bath.

4g3thFG2hx49KTEkId3q-n7bEeB5-FyX0300.jpg

Thanks so much for those pics. It looks great. I am sure that hubby will be happy.

Glad you had a great New Years Eve, but sorry the city cannot get back to normal that quickly. I feel so sorry for all. I know some kids who are in school at Tulane, and want to go back, but it might be hard. Getting new students is going to be impossible for them. I was in New Orleans for Louis Armstrong's 100th birthday celebration. It was great.

Thanks so much for those pics. It looks great. I am sure that hubby will be happy.

Glad you had a great New Years Eve, but sorry the city cannot get back to normal that quickly. I feel so sorry for all. I know some kids who are in school at Tulane, and want to go back, but it might be hard. Getting new students is going to be impossible for them. I was in New Orleans for Louis Armstrong's 100th birthday celebration. It was great.

Yep. NYE was great for the city and lots of people now know the city isn't dead. Hopefully the word will spread and tourists will continue to return.

A link to some NYE pics from selucrey posted in this thread and I posted some of the celebration.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=181672

Thanks Z... I sent it to my yahoo address and viewed the photos as a guest. I tried copy/pasting the URL link but it gave me the "invalid file" message again.... So I copied the picture and posted here.. It works. But the URL thing is stumping me....oh well....it works this way:D

Zydecocruisers - your pictures are just wonderful and a great treat to look through as were we just on the Grand Dec. 10.

Any chance that you will be posting them to a public album (Like Ofoto, Snapfish, etc.???)

You got some great shots that I wish I would have captured on our cruise (such as more shots in Cozumel and of the ship.) Just thought that I would purchase a few if they were avaialble through one of those sites.

Thanks!

Archived