Almost Live from the Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

Your photos are so beautiful. Your camera skills are great. I feel like I'm experiencing some of your wonderful cruise. I think the next time I'm in Costa Maya I have to snorkel from the looks of those fish you saw. Thanks again for continuing to take the time to post your pictures it is very generous of you to do so on your vacation.

On our two previous Princess cruises there was no indication anyone had looked in our luggage. If we had two plastic flasks of bourbon and gin inside them (which of course we didn't) they went undetected :-)

Zydecocruiser....your photo diary is fabulous. :D It is as close to being on a cruise as we can be from our homes!

We head to the Grand on 02/18/2006 and your photos make me wish for the time we have to wait to go by much more quickly. ;)

Please keep the photos coming! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.:D

WOW!! Great photos, thanks for taking time from your vacation to post these great photos.We will be on the Grand in Feb. and would love to see more photos. If you have time could you please snap some photos of the kids club.

Have a great vacation.

Cheri

Anne,

The only time that luggage is "checked" is when you get off and dogs are utilitzed to sniff out items that should not be there.

When getting on the ship the porters have enough to handle without having to worry about what is in each bag. However, whatever you hand carry on board will go through a scanner. They are looking for bombs, etc.

Most cruise lines do their jobs the same way, so your previous experience should be mirrored on your upcoming cruise.

Jim

Anne,

The only time that luggage is "checked" is when you get off and dogs are utilitzed to sniff out items that should not be there.

When getting on the ship the porters have enough to handle without having to worry about what is in each bag. However, whatever you hand carry on board will go through a scanner. They are looking for bombs, etc.

Most cruise lines do their jobs the same way, so your previous experience should be mirrored on your upcoming cruise.

Jim

Jim (& Anne)

Actually they do check checked bags through a scanner. At least some. Couldn't say what percentage, but they do. I was watching them do it this month from my cabin at the Galveston dock, Terminal #1 which is where the Grand will be leaving. They had the overhead doors open and I watched them do it.

Zydeco

You da man!! We'll be there in two weeks!!

Wireless is working although speed sometimes iffy. 35 cents/minute.

Decorate Skywalkers? How would I know?

Suite C401? I dunno about that. There will be a bunch of CC Hosts on the Grand in a week or so and I suspect they would be delighted (hehehehe). Look for the Jan 6 roll call (I think that is the right one).

AOHell isn't cooperating so pics are going to be delayed... :mad:

Thanks for your reply, your pics are great.

Anne, I am sure that bags are scanned on some lines. A few years ago, I think we were on NCL, one of our bags didn't come up right away. They had held back a bunch of bags people had in one room. I grabbed mine, but the reason I think it was there was because I had a travel iron in it, and that's a no-no.

Which week are you on in February?

-----------------------------

The Costa Maya snorkle trip I booked on the dock. There are at least a couple of companies there. They all seem to go to the same spot which is not that far from shore. Before arrival, I have thought I would just swim out to the reef, but wasn't sure what I would do with my stuff. The snorkel itself was about an hour with maybe 10 minutes travel time each way. Just one stop. Included water and soda and I think the snorkel was yours to keep, but I bring my own equipment.

The wrist band they gave me has http://www.mayahualtours.com tequila beach on it. I haven't checked out the website so don't know if it exists or if it is the same one.

Transportation to town is $5 rt.

-----------

My camera skills are not that great, but if you take enough pictures? Even a blind squirel finds an acorn once in a while, as the saying goes.

------------

I really like the camera, but lately has given me some trouble so am hesitant to recommend at the moment. Canon... Do you read Cruise Critic ???

------------

ON luggage I had two bottles of liquor in my suitcase that went through without issue. Also pre-purchased a bottle through Princess jsut to make sure.

---------------------------

Las Vegas isn't warm ?!?!?!

---------------------------

At $20/hr I'm not spending too much time on the Internet - don't worry ! There was an Internet cafe at Costa Maya that was $6/hr.

--------------------------

Tenders and shore excursions waiting to happen in Belize. We took a ships tour - rays and reef or something like that. Blew an engine on the way back, so they had to send another boat to come get us. Just meant that much more rum punch for us and an almost delayed ship departure.

rf5dbdb5efvMzxAMjRDMw-EKj3djGhFQ0300.jpg

Leaving the mother ship.

kuj2clhUpGbdlIxhDXNsQ+w4n6e76anR0300.jpg

NO! We don't have something in pink.

Archived