Almost Live from the Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

Hello-

Can anybody tell me the condition of the Princess Grand? Does it look new or is it showing its 8 years? Are pool chairs/ lounge chairs clean or worn and stained? How are the bathrooms? Again, clean or in need of a deep cleaning? I have read some not-so-complimentary reviews of the ships appearance. Thanks

Hello-

Can anybody tell me the condition of the Princess Grand? Does it look new or is it showing its 8 years? Are pool chairs/ lounge chairs clean or worn and stained? How are the bathrooms? Again, clean or in need of a deep cleaning? I have read some not-so-complimentary reviews of the ships appearance. Thanks

We were on December '04 and also Dec. '05. There was a little more wear and tear this year but nothing that shouldn't be expected. Pool chairs and lounges looked good to me and no bathroom problems that I could see.

All-in-all, it's still a very nice ship and in really good shape.

Thanks SO much for the fantastic photos. Brought back a lot of memories from our trip on the Grand two years ago. Now, could you do me a favour and come on the Dawn out of San Francisco on March 10th and take all our photos for us, LOL?

The only time I got really stressed about tendering was waiting to get off the ship in Cozumel. The first group waited and waited and waited on stairs and in hallways and waited.

It took a long time to tender back to the ship in Grand Cayman, but no worse than other cruise lines when all the passengers decide they want to go on the last tender.

As for tender tickets - get in line an hour before they say they will hand them out. 1 person can collect a bunch of tickets. I would collect tickets and still had lots of time to eat breakfast and finish getting ready.

Speaking of Cozumel after there was a long line for tender tickets, it was announced that tender tickets would not be distributed until 11:30 (was supposed to start at 10am). About the same time, around 9:40am, they started distributing tender tickets.

One solution is to cruise enough on Princess for the VIP tender tickets which means you get to plop down on the next available tender.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Z or anyone else,

Is anyone other than myself having problems posting photos??? I know Z post's them from links and such but I was doing it by copying/pasting and now I can't... I can copy but as soon as I come to the message area, the paste click won't show up.... What's the deal?? So crazy..... :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to learn this too as I would like send some photos when we leave on the Grand. I am trying to put a photo of our CC get together from last February's cruise on the Golden. We had a great group and had fun seeing folks all week long. This year, on the Grand, our group is at 146 strong!:eek: We are still hoping to get to 150!

Okay....bear with me here...it might take a couple of tries.:cool:

2599735520085729054iCwfQe#

Darn it! I thought I did it all correctly too. Maybe someone can figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a photo on my page in webshots.....then I copied the URL address and used the icon 'Insert Image' on this Reply to Thread page.....and all I get is an empty box in my post. Ugh! I can see that the photo didn't save as a JPEG but I don't know how to change that since it is saved on Webshots in the format that it was.

Help! Please!

San10s,

Here's what I did... go to your webshots photo album... Click on the photo you want to use..... right click to copy..... then come back into the body of the reply that you did here and click paste..... wa la.......you should have a photo in the body of the reply......

Thanks for your replies. I guess that there are some sites that allow you to post the photo in the text and others can only link you to the 'home' of the photos. I will try another one from Shutterfly later.

Thanks again.:)

Hello-

I thought she looked pretty good on the inside myself..But the outside,she is in need of a coat of paint! Lots of rust.

I did notice today as we were getting off the ship that there were some holes in the carpet that looked pretty fresh.I would think they might have been from objects sliding across them sat during the great list...

But,pool chairs looked pretty good to me.My bathroom was clean..All in all,she was pretty clean to me.Dot

san10's,

don't give up.... the sunset photo was from webshots doing what I mentioned in the post on how to do it... Try it... See if it works for you...

dalsal,

I'm confused.. Are you asking about the Grand Princess as a ship you've been on or are going on??? It's not clear.. It sounds like you just went on the ship!! I haven't been on it but know someone who's going soon.. Can ask them for you.... I just wasn't sure of the question....lol....

Archived