refrigerators on Fascination

love2travel41

Thank you for the very useful information. But I still would like to know if there are refrigerators in oceanview cabins on the FAscination (cabin 108 to be speciific

I am pleased with the other information you provided. Thanks again[/quote

Pretty sure this was answered but no I haven't heard of any oceanview with refrigerators but if you look at the specific deck plans you can find your room and it will list what's in it.

• 2 months later...

Is there a vault in the room?

Are you saying we have to ASK for a bathrobe? Will they bring us one if we ask???

I don't mind doing without a frig, as long as I have plenty of ice! I don't need the room steward (if he is busy) to bring it to me if I KNOW where to get it!

Is there a vault in the room?

Are you saying we have to ASK for a bathrobe? Will they bring us one if we ask???

I don't mind doing without a frig, as long as I have plenty of ice! I don't need the room steward (if he is busy) to bring it to me if I KNOW where to get it!

Our stateroom R220 had the safe that requires a magnetic strip card to open. The kids cabin next door had a pin code safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, Crazy4Camping said:

Thank you for all the positive remarks! It sounds like I will in fact be treated like royalty! Might get addicted to cruises and then have to start saving for another! 😉

You might even have to change your cc name after your first cruise 😂 

It sure made me smile though as I was reading your concerns about no fridge, tv weather channel or iron! I thought my DS was the only person "Crazy4Camping" who loved amenities such as those. 

Karysa, I never dreamed that (you mentioned you might get addicted to cruises) I would get HOOKED on cruising, but over 25 years ago I took my first cruise, and I have been blessed to do 15 or more. 🙂 Whether a person does the same itinerary or not, I meet so many wonderful people from all walks of life and cultures, and it broadens my knowledge of people, and what is going on in this world of ours. 🙂

On 3/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, Crazy4Camping said:

Thank you so much! Glad to know there are dispensers-I'm not used to bothering anyone with anything I need so at least I can use those if necessary!

The post I read said that the items they purchased to be in their room were missing or wrong, the water coming out of their faucets was brown, the wait staff was rude, etc. I forget what else but some of the stuff was so severe that I would've expected the cruise line to discount their trip or something. Obviously this was an isolated event as others have said nothing but good things!

Thanks again-these boards have taught me things I would've never known!

What you read was a posting from someone that no matter what, they would find something to complain about.  There were most likely over 2000 people on that same cruise that enjoyed it to no end  but didn't come on here to tell us about it.  

On one of our cruises, there was a couple next to us that complained to Guest Services that the balcony divider rattled while the ship was underway.  Maintenance came out twice to work on it without success.  One day as we were leaving our cabin, Maintenance was replacing their mattress.  The next day it was the TV.  And that was just what we saw.  Who knows what else they complained about.

If you ask your Steward at the beginning of the cruise for ice, they will have it for you throughout the cruise without having to ask twice.  As for the robes, a few years back they were always in the cabins when you arrived.  Then at the end of the cruise, they had to wash every one of them not knowing if they had been used or not.  (And I have read on here where some of them didn't get washed)   Now, they only give them out if you ask and it has eliminated the need to wash every robe needlessly.  

The best advice I can give first time cruisers is go with an open mind.  Don't look for things that you've heard others say.  If you have a concern, contact Guest Services right away instead of stewing about it.  If at all possible, they will take care of it for you.  Relax, have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by RWolver672

RWolver672 is right on in their comments.  Things have changed over the years, but when your room steward comes in, ASK (no question is too stupid for them) if they "provide" something that you might need.  You would be surprised (I had to have something very COLD for my shots) what they may come up with.  If they don't provide it, they will tell you that also.  No matter what, don't fret about what you may/may not have, but just ENJOY the trip!