Main language on the Regal Princess cruise out of Berlin

kontraxed

We are thinking about joining some of our German family on a 2019 cruise on the Regal Princess that sails out of Berlin (Warnemunde). They don't speak much (any) English so I wondered if the announcements and other dialog are in German and English?

When we cruised from Tokyo last summer, all announcements and printed information was in both Japanese and English. You could indicate which version of the Patter you wished to receive. Same when we cruised from Spanish speaking ports.

In Japan, some of the evening presentations were bilingual, some were in one language or the other. This was noted in the Patter. When a presentation was in Japanese, there would typically be one in English at a different time. In addition, most of the cultural activities like Japanese dancing were bilingual.

Despite the fact that we cruised to South Korea, none of the stuff was in Korean.

Edited by moki'smommy

They should be able to get copies of the Princess Patter and MDR menus in German.

I have never embarked Princess outside the USA but based on other experiences there may be some safety-critical announcements on turnaround day in multiple languages. But regular presentations unlikely. For their Baltic cruises Princess allows embarkation and disembarkation at Copenhagen, Warnemunde, or St Petersburg. So by extension the ship should be multi-lingual in Danish and Russian as well as German and English? Don't think so.

We have found that announcements are in English with the possibility of a foreign language depends on the presence of a large party with a leader who has arranged beforehand to be able to give announcements on the ship. Also some Patters are available in other languages.

A very good question, since this cruise is basically a Copenhagen round trip but Princess markets it as several different cruises with people joining in Copenhagen and Warnemünde with departures in Warnemünde, St Petersburg and Copenhagen. I would expect them to have printed forms and papers with German included but on a cruise with so many different ports and port languages I think covering all those languages would be impractical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums