Dining

cruisin1982

Can you order more than 1 entree or appetizer like other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. There have been reports that in the extra cost dining (Palo/Remy) some people were not allowed to order extra entrees, though.

But, in the Main Dining Rooms - yes, without a doubt.

Yes. There have been reports that in the extra cost dining (Palo/Remy) some people were not allowed to order extra entrees, though.

But, in the Main Dining Rooms - yes, without a doubt.

I never asked in Remy, because with so many courses, an extra entree was out of the question anyway, but I can tell you that in Palo we've been able to. One of my fondest memories of my mother was a one of the first Canada cruises we took with her out of NYC. We always made fun of her inability to make up her mind when ordering in restaurants and Palo was no different. The server happily brought her two choices that she could not decide between.

In Palo our server brought us extras entrees without our even asking. He said the scallops were new and if we liked scallops we needed to try them so he brought that dish to the center of the table. Another time he brought a special dessert which wasn't even on the menu in addition to the one we ordered.

We have never been denied a second entree in Palo. It is worth noting that some entrees are available in smaller servings to be served as an appetizer. That's my usual approach.

However, some cruise lines have gone to the extent of charging an extra $10 for a second entree ordered in their specialty dining restaurants. To their credit, this policy is noted on their menu.

I've not been aware of any line currently charging extra for additional desserts in specialty dining or for any extra servings in the main dining rooms.

Can you order more than 1 entree or appetizer like other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i assume you mean in the main rotation dining rooms, and yes you can order a ton...

multiple appetizers, multiple mains, multiple desserts..

no problem pigging out on DCL...

actually, our waiter always suggested a particular dish that he thought was good at that meal..

and if we didn't pick it, he would bring both - whatever we picked and whatever he suggested..

(invariably what he said would be better, was indeed better)...