Ruby Lido Deck Noise

clw1624

My DH booked a surprise cruise on the Ruby (bless his heart) but I'm concerned about the room. We're right by the elevators and Neptune's pool. I'm afraid we're going to have constant noise and foot traffic at all hours. But on the bright side, there don't seem to be many rooms on the Lido deck. Is it difficult to call and ask for a new room or should we stay put?

IME, it's a pretty quiet location. In your same category, you could move down to the Riviera Deck but then you might get the dreaded pool lounge chairs being dragged across the deck above you in the early morning. You'll definitely get more ship movement up that high, so if you get seasick, consider the Caribe Deck balconies slightly aft of midship.

It's very easy to change cabins. It just depends on whether they're available and if there's a cost difference but super easy to change.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

We have had a cabin right where the elevators come out and never heard a sound. 28 days in that cabin was a pretty good test and we loved it. As for Lido deck: We are booked there deliberately on our next cruise as we have always wanted to try out the location. I don't anticipate any issues at all.

I’ve never had a stateroom on Lido deck, but while on Ruby a few weeks ago, we passed thru this area numerous times and it always seemed quiet. Actually, I think this is a great location for your stateroom. I would stay put if it were me. In fact, I might book one of these and try it myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great choice to stay put. We always book early so we are sure to be on Lido. I have been on Ruby 3 times and have stayed in L304, L256 and L259. Enjoyed all 3 of the rooms and never had an issue with noise. When is your cruise? I hope you will let us all know if you enjoyed being on Lido. Enjoy your cruise!