Diamond Lounge Access

Hi all .. was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice.

I am planning a cruise with my cousins and there will be 3 of us sharing a room. They've not cruised extensively before but we have Diamond status on Royal. If we are all sharing a room, are they allowed to attend the evening cocktail hour in the evening up in the diamond lounge??

I know sometimes it can get really crowded up there so please don't flame me for asking this question. If it is breaking the rules, we simply won't go. I am just asking if RCCL allows it.

And, if they do, would they also be seated with me in the back area of the restaurant and be able to order a complimentary cappuccino at breakfast? That is, if they still do this anymore.

I am planning a cruise with my cousins and there will be 3 of us sharing a room. They've not cruised extensively before but we have Diamond status on Royal. If we are all sharing a room, are they allowed to attend the evening cocktail hour in the evening up in the diamond lounge??

I know sometimes it can get really crowded up there so please don't flame me for asking this question. If it is breaking the rules, we simply won't go. I am just asking if RCCL allows it.

And, if they do, would they also be seated with me in the back area of the restaurant and be able to order a complimentary cappuccino at breakfast? That is, if they still do this anymore.

Only diamond and higher loyalty members are welcome in the Diamond lounge. So, if your cabin mates are not Diamond, they are not invited. No flames from me, as policies vary (I think last I checked Celebrity allowed cabin mates at their Elite event... even corporate sisters can have different policies)

Ships that have a Diamond lounge do not generally have a Diamond breakfast section in the dining room.

You will make your own complimentary cappuccino in the Diamond lounge any time you wish (well assuming the machine is working; sometimes they fail or need service). Nobody is apt to question you if you make more Than one cup to go.

DL does set up a continental breakfast, however it is only for Diamond (and up) members. Please note, I am not sure if all ships offer this, my reply is only based on our experience.

The coffee machine can be used any time of the day.

Thank you all for your replies. I have only been on one Royal cruise since getting my Diamond status and so just wasn't sure how that worked.

And yes, on Celebrity, your roommate is able to join you in the elite event ... no questions asked. You are not allowed to take drinks out of the elite lounge on Celebrity where it was so crowded on RCCL the one time we went that they were encouraging people to order and go.

For breakfast, we weren't sure how that worked at first but we did have a Diamond Lounge and an area where they seated diamond and above in the back of the dining room. It may have been because there were over 750 Diamond or above members onboard that one sailing.

I appreciate everyone's answers as I really didn't want to break any rules or give my cousins any unrealistic expectations. We'll probably just take our two bottles of wine onboard and they can drink that out on our balcony and I will run to the bar and get one of my free drinks that is loaded onto my card. Hoping they still do that.

... I will run to the bar and get one of my free drinks that is loaded onto my card. Hoping they still do that.

Yes, you still get 3 drink vouchers nightly, but they can only be used during the period when free cocktails are being served in the DL.

Diamond lounge gives out free drinks during happy hour, so think of this. Why would RCCL want to give free stuff out to those that are not Diamond? Your status is earned by you, and is your gift for being loyal. You do get also 3 free drinks on your card and you can drink free during happy hour, at any bar on the ship, and your cabin mates would buy their drinks. Than they will look up to you, and try on their own to reach that special status!!!!

We are Diamond members, sometimes sail with a family member who is D+ and I have grown up children who don't have matching loyalty status. So this is a problem we encounter frequently and hopefully I can give you a straight answer.

Only Diamond members and above are allowed in the Diamond Lounge at any time. Other guests staying in the same cabin are not. So to avoid any embarrassment, best not to invite your cousins along. Causes all kinds of complications but best compromise is to use your drinks vouchers outside of the lounge. You can grab free coffee from the machine during the day and take these out. Nobody is going to check or mind if you take out coffee for others as well.

For breakfast, we usually sit together and not worry about special seating arrangements for Diamond or above.

A long time ago, you were able to take non members to the Diamond Lounge if my memory is correct. Probably because of the crowding this was stopped. I avoid doing anything which might cause embarrassment and often people are not sure so quite rightly ask as you have.

We travel often with family and friends, sharing our cabins that aren't Diamond. We seldom go to the Diamond lounge because they would be asked to leave. It's just inconvenient and we consider it a little rude to say we are going for drinks and leave them behind or to say, "let's try it and see if they let you in" only to have them told discreetly, that they can't stay. We had one relative that insisted they wouldn't have a problem and wanted to go. They were very nice and quiet but explained that she couldn't stay so we all left, but it was embarrassing.