Bliss aft balcony Deck 12. Questions and advice

We are picking our room on the Bliss. It’s an aft balcony deck 12. We have never stayed in a balcony, usually stay mid ship. Anything I should be looking at when selecting location?? Category BD. The deck plan seems to show the ship jet out a little. Does this effect the rooms at all?? Any info is appreciated!! Thank you!!

We are picking our room on the Bliss. It’s an aft balcony deck 12. We have never stayed in a balcony, usually stay mid ship. Anything I should be looking at when selecting location?? Category BD. The deck plan seems to show the ship jet out a little. Does this effect the rooms at all?? Any info is appreciated!! Thank you!!

Where the ship "bumps out" (12272/12872, for ex.) makes the balcony larger. The stateroom size doesn't change (vs. 12270/12870). The angled balcony improves your view but also makes you easier to see.

There are staterooms above and below which is optimal.

Where the ship "bumps out" (12272/12872, for ex.) makes the balcony larger. The stateroom size doesn't change (vs. 12270/12870). The angled balcony improves your view but also makes you easier to see.

There are staterooms above and below which is optimal.

So would you select the one that bumps out or not?? I’m probably over thinking it lol

So would you select the one that bumps out or not?? I’m probably over thinking it lol

They are in high demand due to the larger balconies for the same price as regular balconies. They sell out fast.

Oh ok. So this is a good thing??? Lol

Here's an example....

dIdXxTCfT~.jpg

The balconies in the red are the same price as those outside of the box. The added depth on one side makes the balcony about 50% larger. These give you a better view aft while some give a better view forward (12272/12872 "point" forward).

Here's an example....

dIdXxTCfT~.jpg

The balconies in the red are the same price as those outside of the box. The added depth on one side makes the balcony about 50% larger. These give you a better view aft while some give a better view forward (12272/12872 "point" forward).

Thank you! That gives me a better perspective. We went with 12892 which is the larger one.

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

Dont know if the Bliss afts are the same as Escape but according to  Cruisedeckplans deck 9 and 12 have the largest balconies.

The balcony size for the aft-facing staterooms (suite, balcony, mini-suite) is the same for Escape, Joy, Bliss, and Encore although some of the stateroom numbers are different.