Booking on RCCL website

Quick question. Maybe Bob can answer.

If you book on RCCL's website, can you "transfer" the booking to a Royal Vacation Planner?

I don't think the booking needs to be transferred in order for a vacation planner to help.

That's what I thought. But a planner told our friends that since they booked online he was unable to manage their booking. Seems odd.

Are they sure this was an RC planner?

Planner gets credit for booking if they do it, not if you booked on own threw Royal site. If they didn't help you book then they'd rather you call ANYONE there to help with any questions...

So are you saying the planner could help if they wanted to, but since they didn't book the cruise, they are not interested (probably not getting commission)?

So are you saying the planner could help if they wanted to, but since they didn't book the cruise, they are not interested (probably not getting commission)?

I just booked with a RC planner last week and was told by the planner that they do get credit for booking it. He mentioned that if I transferred the booking to a TA afterwards he would still get credit as long as he does the initial booking. Not sure if that "credit" means commission or a track record or what they booked. Back to OP question, not saying what that planner did was right but I can see how they wouldn't want to deal with it if it wasn't their booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting... I kind of feel bad then because I specifically called a PVP when there was a price drop. She had emailed me when I did a mock booking to check prices. I just wanted a person with an extension that I could get back to because the drop included losing some OBC that I'd already used on the planner, in case I couldn't keep the price on my beverage package ;)

(that all makes more sense in my head, but ... )

Well...That's definitely poor customer service :eek:

This particular CSR wasn't thinking forward at future bookings were they ;)

Interesting... I kind of feel bad then because I specifically called a PVP when there was a price drop. She had emailed me when I did a mock booking to check prices. I just wanted a person with an extension that I could get back to because the drop included losing some OBC that I'd already used on the planner, in case I couldn't keep the price on my beverage package ;)

(that all makes more sense in my head, but ... )

To answer your question- if you used OBC in the planner and then change promos to something that doesn't include OBC, then the planner will prompt you to pay the difference. You can keep the price at whatever you booked originally.

To answer your question- if you used OBC in the planner and then change promos to something that doesn't include OBC, then the planner will prompt you to pay the difference. You can keep the price at whatever you booked originally.

Yeah, luckily she confirmed for me and it worked exactly like that. I just didn't want to take any chances, ya know?