Disabled first time cruiser ..also 60 and solo traveller ..excursions advice

Choccolady

Hi all ...as above but I’m having problems with booking excursions ..I have a scooter and therefore can’t do accessible trips as only wheelchairs are accepted ! I did point out that if had a wheelchair I would need someone to push it !Im doing a Southampton Fjords cruise for a week in April and wondered if anyone else has hit this problem -they booked me an accessible cabin ...it’s taking the edge of the excitement as I can’t believe I’m the only person to use a scooter ...this is a huge deal for me as I’m recently widowed but a what was planned as a “ moving forward” trip is turning into a week onboard with no excursions xx

Also post on the Solo boards you may get so good advice there. And join your roll call for this cruise there maybe some excursions you can join with your fellow ship mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did an alaskan cruise a few years ago with both my parents. At the time my father used a walker and my mother used a powerchair. At every stop I was able to find excursions that could accommodate them but it took making phone calls or emails ahead of time. It meant things like my mother would transfer from the powerchair to a wheelchair to go on board a tour boat, or that we had to make arrangements for her chair to have a special spot on a bus. I imagine that had she been 100% wheelchair dependent it might have been more complicated but if you're using a scooter the situation is likely similar and you can do transfers..