Coffee Card - can it be used?

cruiseintoheaven

Hi all - just now getting around to packing and getting our ducks in a row for cruise Saturday on the Ruby. DH has an unused coffee card he received from mini bar swap a year ago on the Regal. There is no writing or expiration date on it. With all of the changes taking place lately with Princess, I’m having trouble keeping up:). I know the new cards come with expiration dates. What about this blank one? Can he use it on the Ruby? He mainly drinks plain brewed coffee so not too worried about specialty punches but it would be nice to have that option. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, SOME new coffee cards are printed with an expiration date. It looks like Princess is using up their stock and some ships have remaining ones without dates.

The bottom line is that your card should be good. Since no info is filled in, I'd expect that the barista will probably, at some point, write in the current voyage number. At the very least, the punches are good, but with no evidence to the contrary, I'd expect the fresh brew option to be good as well.

I would guess that it can be used for specialty coffees and teas, but likely not fresh brewed coffee without a punch taken. Since it can not be proven what cruise the card is from. It will pretty much be up to the barista and could even vary by ship.

I would guess that it can be used for specialty coffees and teas, but likely not fresh brewed coffee without a punch taken. Since it can not be proven what cruise the card is from. It will pretty much be up to the barista and could even vary by ship.

Well, that would be a major disappointment. DH drinks A LOT of coffee, so a punch per cup would get him through about 2 days of a 7 day cruise! Worst case scenario is we buy another card......the spate of changes lately, though seemingly small, are starting to add up.

I would try the card for brewed coffee. If they charge you a punch, you can buy on at that moment. If not, you might get the brew for the entire cruise. So, worst case is that it is only good for lattes (not worth spending a punch on fresh brew). Best case, you can use it for the upcoming cruise.

Well, that would be a major disappointment. DH drinks A LOT of coffee, so a punch per cup would get him through about 2 days of a 7 day cruise! Worst case scenario is we buy another card......the spate of changes lately, though seemingly small, are starting to add up.

Had a used card prior to our Jan sailing. Back of card has no ship name and voyage. Used it for brewed coffee on our sailing. The barista wrote the current ship name and voyage at the back and was given the brewed coffee without a punch till end of cruise.

Much depends on if the card design is the same as the currently issued ones. There have been several redesigns over the last few years and an old design would obviously not have been issued on a current cruise.