Upgrade email

Daddyglove

hi i have just had an upgrade on my upcoming 1 week cruise on brittannia 30 march

we had booked a larger inside for 3 of us when the brochure came out last year and received an email yesterday asking if we would like an upgrade

there was a list of about 11 balcony rooms but as there is 3 of us in the room there was only 1 room we could choose b714

so i happily accepted and we had to pay £100

i have had one upgrade before but never had to pay i wonder if this a new thing for extra revenue but i not moaning as after 8 cruises all inside this will be our first balcony:D

We are off on a Northern Lights cruise on Aurora today, and have an outside cabin. A couple of weeks ago, we also had an email offering an upgrade to a higher grade balcony cabin, for an extra £100 each. As we don't anticipate many opportunities to sit on a balcony on a Northern Lights cruise, we declined.

A couple of years ago I was booked on a 5-night cruise with my mother and godmother on Arcadia in a balcony cabin and had an email asking if we would like to upgrade to a suite for a total of £100.00. We jumped at the opportunity!

Michele