Reservations while Star Class?

Hi All,

Im booked in a Star Class suite in December. Since pretty much everything is included, I am wondering what to do about specialty restaurant reservations and shows, etc. Should I be concerned about the restaurants filling up and book meals now or do I not need to worry about that and just let the Royal Genie handle it a few weeks out even if the restaurants otherwise appear to sell out? I am worried about getting good times at Chops and a Izumi teppanyaki meal scheduled for the kiddos.

Thanks,

J.

When the Genie contacts you prior to the cruise, let him/her know of your preferences. Restaurants, shows, activities., etc. When you board the ship, the Genie will accompany you and go over the schedule made out for you. If you have any changes let him/her know. Changes can also be made during the week. The Genie will also meet with you on a daily basis and go over your day with you.

Its virtually trouble free (at least it has been for us)

I am booked in Star Class for Thanksgiving, and although it feels strange to my planning-obsessed self, the purpose of a Genie for us to relax and for them to handle all our reservations. I wouldn't worry at all about getting what you want. Last Thanksgiving, I saw a Genie walk into Coastal Kitchen at 3:00 and grab a 6:00 reservation without a hitch ( I had just been told there was no availability for the evening, so Genie's do have magic powers!)

I would sit back and relax and get ready to enjoy your cruise.

I wouldn't worry for one second about not getting reservations whenever you want them. It was my experience that a Genie can make anything happen. You'll have a wonderful vacation...Star Class was the best experience I've ever had!

Before the cruise our Genie sent us an entire weekly itinerary. This included dinner each night at either a specialty restaurant or the coastal kitchen with the evenings entertainment we would be attending. I made a few changes to the schedule and sent it back to him. He promptly made the changes and sent it back to me, for final approval. This being said, you CAN make changes once aboard the ship. Even a few hours before doing them. Your Genie will be GREAT! and most likely will have everything arranged before you board so you will be 100% stress free and ready to enjoy Star Class.

As others have said, the Genie can make pretty much anything happen. Don't even worry about it.

I am fairly sure that the restaurants make accommodations for last minute Star Class reservations. I have been on 3 previous cruises in Star Class and never have we had any trouble getting any restaurant at any time that we've asked for....but there are just 2 of us, too.

I don't know if you have a large group or not, but this could also be a factor. The more people you have in your party, the more difficult it CAN be to accommodate everyone so if you have a large group, best to let the Genie know your wishes ASAP.

If your cruise goes to Labadee and if you are interested in reserving a cabana(s), let your Genie know as soon as he/she contacts you. Star Class have first preference for Barefoot Beach cabanas but once the SC have had their chance to book, they can and will reserve the cabanas for whomever else is eligible for them so you could (but not necessarily WILL) have trouble getting one at the last minute. Genies also have some pull when it comes to getting onto fully booked excursions but again, if you wait until the last minute you could be disappointed. But for dining reservations, the Genie can almost always make it happen.