HAL clarifying non-refundable fares current promotion?

DaveOKC

Today I noticed a change in the wording for the promotion details on two cruises I was looking at. A few days ago it only mentioned payment in full now, which was non-refundable. Now it mentions that some codes only have non-refundable deposits (not fares). Appears to me that HAL screwed up again on this promotion as it is a Big difference! This is the current wording:

This is a special fare being offered for a limited time, with certain limitations that apply:

Promotion codes RA/QA: This specially priced promotion has a 100% non-refundable deposit

Promotion codes FL/QF/FC/QC/FJ/QJ receiving this notification have the following limitations:

• Payment must be made in full at the time of booking

• Fares and deposits are 100% non-refundable from the point of payment unless you purchase one of our Cancellation Protection Plans at time of booking Holland America Line's Cancellation Protection Plan can help protect your vacation investment from loss. The Standard and Platinum Cancellation Protection Plans are optional purchases. Payment is due at time of purchase. The plan cost is non-refundable.

Thanks! It does spell things out a bit more clearly. Not something that I'd want to do, but if the price is right, and I mean really right, then I could be persuaded along with the purchase of cancellation insurance.

Better, but they still haven't carried it through completely.

I just looked at T&C for "Seas the Day" (from clicking on the home page banner) and it says deposits are nonrefundable for RA/QA/FL/QF, but says nothing about payment in full. Got the same thing when I started a dummy booking. There's a "more savings" link on the search results page that brings up this version of T&C.

When I selected a cruise and continued a dummy booking, the wording Dave posted came up when I clicked to see Seas the Day info (under the pictures of the various cabins on the itinerary page). I also got that wording later in the process when I clicked on "limited time offer."

And the website still isn't offering fares with a refundable deposit.

I noticed the change this morning, too. The only way i could see to check prices is to call HAL and have them quote with the RA/QA non-refundable deposit and then with the non-refundable cruise prices with all of the other codes. What a mess. I think I’ll wait until this promo is over.

I’ve never actually gone as far as putting in names for booking. Is there any place in the self booking to enter promo codes?