Christmas & New Years on board

flexsmom

Am considering a 14-day on the Star in 2019 around Cape Horn that would encompass Christmas & New Years. Our kids will be 20 and 16, so not youngsters, but we are a “Christmas family” and do enjoy the season and traditions. We’ve cruised over the holidays before but that was on Disney so I’m wondering what it’s like on board an NCL ship on those days? Decorations? New Years party? We’re definitely going for the trip and ports but just curious what kind of atmosphere to expect when I sell the trip to the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am considering a 14-day on the Star in 2019 around Cape Horn that would encompass Christmas & New Years. Our kids will be 20 and 16, so not youngsters, but we are a “Christmas family” and do enjoy the season and traditions. We’ve cruised over the holidays before but that was on Disney so I’m wondering what it’s like on board an NCL ship on those days? Decorations? New Years party? We’re definitely going for the trip and ports but just curious what kind of atmosphere to expect when I sell the trip to the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Pearl on an 11 day holiday cruise and loved it so much we're doing it again. Lots of decorations caroling Santa...etc. New Year 's Eve was awesome with events and performers in every venue. They had a DJ on the pool deck and it was awesome seeing all the families, even the young kiddos, out dancing at midnight. We can't wait for our holiday cruise on the Jade this year!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We've done Christmas/New Year on Pearl twice... (Caribbean)

It's different but lovely; decorations, crew singing carols in the atrium and generally just a special mood around the whole ship. NYE... superb, just make sure you're on the pool deck for midnight (yeah I know, start late and pace yourself)... Captain will be there, countdown projected, ships horn at midnight, singing, champagne, music... a whole bunch of very happy people including the crew letting its hair down. Don't miss it.

:cool:

I am considering either the Jewel back in OZ/NZ or this Cape Horn trip for Christmas this year. I spent last Christmas on the Jewel it was amazing. I often talk about it as last summer though as I live in Russia and it was summer when I was there. On the ship there were Christmas carols on all day instead of the normal music that they play in the public areas. They had Christmas movies playing. There were gingerbread houses and decorations everywhere. I moved away when my mom died and this was the first real Christmas I have had in a long time. I cried a few times it reminded me a lot of how we celebrated Christmas when mom was alive but it was wonderful and I am ready to plan my next Christmas cruise as soon as my school sets a calendar for next year.