Princess Excursions

Sea Gypsy 2

We typically book in advance if we worry about an excursion filling before we get on board. We did get shut out of an excursion in November by waiting too long. It can get out of hand for longer cruises or those very expensive excursions in some ports. OBC makes it a bit easier.

Really annoyed at the minute. Just had a look at my latest Travel Summary and one of the excursions my roommate has booked is not showing up. It shows on an earlier summary. Now having looked on the excursion list it has been taken off that too. We have had no email from princess saying it has been cancelled, yet keep receiving princess emails asking us to book excursions.

On our upcoming Crown sailing in April we had decided to wait a bit to book and pay for a few excursions, although we had sufficient OBC to pay for them. Just wanted to make sure we did not want to do some independant or private tours with CC members. I wrote all the prices down. BUT when I went back on My Princess to pay for the excursions a month or so later, two excursions we wanted had increased in price rather sharply. One we booked anyway (if a bit grudgingly), but the other just did not seem worth the price raise to us and we scheduled something on our own. So be AWARE! We had seen this before with waiting to book after boarding, but this price raising more than a month before sailing was new to us.

I've had that happen too, lambs2. One of my already booked excursions has gone up by $10 since I booked. I've not looked at the others yet. This has happened to me before when you reserved then paid on board, which is why I always printed out my travel summary before I travelled so I could check what the prices were when I reserved. There have been mistakes in the past which were corrected once I could prove what price I booked at!