Restroom Availability

Texasnee

Not really. Our tour guide took us to certain hotels or restaurants that had restrooms. Sometimes you need to pay $1 and you will be given toilet paper. One hotel we went into, the lady had been getting American change, which the Cubans cannot use. She had $1 worth, so we traded her the American money for 1 CUC.

There are public restrooms inside the port, which do not supply toilet paper so be sure to carry some. There were also restrooms at the Artisan market in Havana, which you need $1 for. Similar to Mexico, some restrooms also do not have toilet seats.

Not really. Our tour guide took us to certain hotels or restaurants that had restrooms. Sometimes you need to pay $1 and you will be given toilet paper. One hotel we went into, the lady had been getting American change, which the Cubans cannot use. She had $1 worth, so we traded her the American money for 1 CUC.

There are public restrooms inside the port, which do not supply toilet paper so be sure to carry some. There were also restrooms at the Artisan market in Havana, which you need $1 for. Similar to Mexico, some restrooms also do not have toilet seats.

Thanks so much for your reply. I’ve read several of your posts and you’ve given very helpful information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Disinfecting wipes too for the ones that do have seats.

We found restrooms everywhere, from bars to restaurants to museums to public places.

All had bathrooms that the public could use for a small charge.

You need small change.

They will take US $ but they also have to change them back to pesos at 13% so your putting an extra charge on them.

It’s a money making enterprise for the locals.

Some places had toilet seats, fancier restaurants and hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m cruising to Cuba with three girlfriends in November.

If we take a private tour are public restrooms available throughout Havana?

If you are taking private tour just ask the guide to take you a private bathroom.

Is that 1 US dollar or 1 CUC dollar? Or should we get coins? My wife make frequent stops.

Is that 1 US dollar or 1 CUC dollar? Or should we get coins? My wife make frequent stops.

They will acceprt either. but once you get some small change just drop 25 - 50 c in plate. 1 CUC or $1 Is a little excessive.

I’m cruising to Cuba with three girlfriends in November.

If we take a private tour are public restrooms available throughout Havana?

In addition to lacking toilet paper, most of the restrooms we encountered also did not have soap or paper towels, so plan accordingly. I knew this going in and brought hand sanitizer, which I promptly left in my cabin. :)

In addition to lacking toilet paper, most of the restrooms we encountered also did not have soap or paper towels, so plan accordingly. I knew this going in and brought hand sanitizer, which I promptly left in my cabin. :)

Makes me think about restroom sign I see all over Caribbean, "No washing feet in sink"