flossie009

Meet & Mingle or Meet & Greet  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Meet & Mingle or Meet & Greet

• I prefer a Meet & Mingle organised by CC & Regent
    • I prefer a Meet & Greet organised by guests
    • I have no preference and would sign-up and attend either type of event
    • I have no preference as I would not sign-up or attend any of these events

Double-down on TravelCat's suggestion. Any M&M, M&G, or 'hey, look for the guy near the Pool Grill Bar sometime after-boarding, but before the Muster Drill--dressed in a particular tea shirt-- No exaggeration.

These social events should always be scheduled for mid-afternoon on an at-sea day. Unless one is on a 7-day cruise segment--and even then, there will be one or two at-sea days--no reasonable excuse for showing up. Miss Trivia for one day--what a shame.

This is not rocket science. My wife and I sign up. Therefore, we show up. Never have had a situation where less than 12 folks joined us.

Pleasant experiences.

GOARMY!

Yet another meet and mingle bites the dust. With an e-mails yesterday to say that the Explorer May 1st trip Rome to Monaco had not hit the threshold 30 days out, so will not happen. There must be a dozen CCs on a 750 cruise which seems to be filling now according to the RSSC website. Any suggestions for a privately organised meet up?

Yet another meet and mingle bites the dust. With an e-mails yesterday to say that the Explorer May 1st trip Rome to Monaco had not hit the threshold 30 days out, so will not happen. There must be a dozen CCs on a 750 cruise which seems to be filling now according to the RSSC website. Any suggestions for a privately organised meet up?

Definitely! There are two types of Meet and Greets ....... one that is totally done by people on Roll Call and second is one where Regent is asked to assist.

For the informal Meet & Greet, the posters on Roll Call pick a date, time and place for the event. On Explorer, the Meridian Lounge works well (near Coffee Connection on Deck 5). Alternatively, if you pick a time when the bar is open, you ca take advantage of that. This is the easiest type of event to plan. Pick a place in the lounge and ask people to be there (it can be, for instance, the starboard side of the lounge. Anything you can do to designate a place helps.)

You can also discuss the M&G with the F&B Director. They can have canapés prepared for the event. This is a bit more complicated as you need to select a date and time that works for the officers and crew.

The main reason for getting together is to meet people on your cruise and socialize. You really don't need a lot of food, drinks and officers ........ unless this is what you like.

Hope that this helps a bit.

I've been to many M&M... some organized through both CC & Regent or through just Regent.... and those where the Roll Call members would informally decide to meet in a corner of the Observation Lounge at 5 PM or so. The latter events turned out to be very well attended with interesting conversations and lots of laughter. The ones where Regent was involved were less successful as almost all of them were scheduled for 10 AM.... long before most people start drinking and alcohol does make these events more enjoyable...it's a good ice breaker. The last official M&M gathering I attended was on the Explorer and about 30 cruisers had signed up for it. Regent scheduled it for 10 AM. One of the invitees got in touch with reception and said "I don't drink at 10AM and it's not a time when I feel sociable." Regent changed the time to 6 PM. I think all 30 of us showed up and we all had a great time!