Best snorkeling.... Nassau, St Maarten or St Thomas?

I am really baffled... I am looking for a great catamaran snorkel excursion and am truly coming up empty. We did a wonderful one in Barbados last year but I can't find one in these islands? Most of them seem to be beach snorkeling and we'd like to snorkel a reef of some sort. Does anyone have first hand experience of any catamaran trips (ship or otherwise) that they'd recommend? Thank you!

We went with St. Thomas Scuba and Snorkel. It was only our group of five. They were great and would definitely use them again.

We used them too and had a brilliant day!

Btw - i’ve Snorkeled at each of these spots and St. Thomas had the most diverse coral and sea life I saw the entire cruise.

Btw - i’ve Snorkeled at each of these spots and St. Thomas had the most diverse coral and sea life I saw the entire cruise.

Was this before or after the hurricanes last year?

We went on ship sponsored catamaran tour in St Thomas (Castaway Girl) and had a great time; and also in St Maarten (Golden Eagle). Both were tons of fun, and had a couple of stops each. It was in February of this year; the water was a bit clearer in St. Thomas the day we were there, but I am sure that could change when you visit. I would do both of these excursions again when we return to these ports.

I agree completely. Your best best is St. Thomas, followed by Nassau. We went on a snorkel trip on St. Maarten earlier this month, and saw 0 fish, nothing while snorkeling!