Tender charge????

99florida

Would there even be a port fee to the cruise line's private island?

The daily grat fee for Haven is now $17.50 per day for Haven, and $14.50 per day for all non-Haven guests. Not sure where you got $19.99? Or is this an April Fools' Joke?:D

Honest to goodness - no joke - you can check it out for yourself - it went up as of today on our quick getaway on the Norwegian Sun in late May. It was a sticker shock to me.

I must say that I am a bit surprised at they daily gratuity fee now being $19.99 per passenger per day (just went up again from $18.99) unless you prepaid prior to 4/1/18.......

My understanding is that if you were booked before April 1st, regardless of when you cruise, that you will be grandfathered in as long as you pre-pay the daily service charges prior to boarding the ship. I checked our booking for our cruise in March of next year and it still shows the same amount for the DSC as when we booked two months ago. If this is incorrect info, somebody please speak up.

My understanding is that if you were booked before April 1st, regardless of when you cruise, that you will be grandfathered in as long as you pre-pay the daily service charges prior to boarding the ship. I checked our booking for our cruise in March of next year and it still shows the same amount for the DSC as when we booked two months ago. If this is incorrect info, somebody please speak up.

Ours has not changed for June either.

That is absolutely correct. It is how NCL always handles these, and this time they stated it more clearly than usual when announcing the increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest to goodness - no joke - you can check it out for yourself - it went up as of today on our quick getaway on the Norwegian Sun in late May. It was a sticker shock to me.

It’s actually a deal. Isn’t this one of the cruises with the ‘free open bar’. My understanding is the extra gratuity is to compensate the bar staff since your drinks will be free. Yes, on Royal and other norwegian sailings it’s $14ish pp pd. But if you got the beverage perk you would pay an extra $16 pp pd for the gratuity (so total of $30 pp pd). I don’t know if you would have gotten a beverage package or not on Royal. But if you planned on drinking, it wouldn’t have been difficult to rack up an extra $6 pp pd in bar gratuities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums