Credits for previous cruises?

moatenote

We are in the process of booking our fourth Viking Ocean cruise for May 2019. We received a $200 credit off the price of our second cruise (scheduled for May, 2018), and that same amount for trips 3 (October 2018) and 4 (booking now for July 2019). Does Viking ever increase the amount you get for previous cruises??? Thanks for any information.

We are in the process of booking our fourth Viking Ocean cruise for May 2019. We received a $200 credit off the price of our second cruise (scheduled for May, 2018), and that same amount for trips 3 (October 2018) and 4 (booking now for July 2019). Does Viking ever increase the amount you get for previous cruises??? Thanks for any information.

Recently booked number eleven--same $200 pp returning cruiser discount.

Many cruises. Always just the same $200 except for one cruise where Viking told my TA after I booked and was invoiced, that the $200 credit was not available.

If you book while onboard a cruise you get the $200 plus an additional amount depending on the length of the cruise you book. And you can transfer it to a different date and itinerary if you want. We booked 2 cruises back to back so we got $900 off per person plus $200 off per person plus we got a $250 shipboard credit to use on the current cruise.

It's a 15 day plus a 17 day so 32. I'd have to look at the handout from Viking to see exactly how much was credited for each cruise but I have the total invoice in front of me and that's where I got the $900 plus $400 per person off.

It worked out well for us for the discounts! We sail Auckland to Sydney then Sydney to Bali. So we get the $200 credit per cruise, plus the add'l (I think $400 for one cruise then $500 for the next, I know it totaled $900) since it is a back to back...plus the 2 shipboard credits combined ($100 plus $150) to be $250. (I bought amber) We thought it was a good deal, especially because at the time our TA could still give us her large discount on top of that (we got in just under the line). The cruise we took last year was marvelous...21 or 22 days Barcelona to Stockholm, but we would have only gotten one of the discounts.

Azulann is currently on the transatlantic and she posted the book onboard deals:

Here is the most current onboard bookings discount.

It was in a letter about 2020 bookings. Usual two for one off brochure price. $200pp past passenger discount

.booking on board receive $200pp for 7-9 days,$300 for 10-12, $400. For13-15 and $500 pp for 16 plus days.

Finally you also receive OBC, to use on this current sailing for booking multiple Cruises. $100 for one cruise, $250 for 2 and $500 for three or more.

Azulann is currently on the transatlantic and she posted the book onboard deals:

Here is the most current onboard bookings discount.

It was in a letter about 2020 bookings. Usual two for one off brochure price. $200pp past passenger discount

.booking on board receive $200pp for 7-9 days,$300 for 10-12, $400. For13-15 and $500 pp for 16 plus days.

Finally you also receive OBC, to use on this current sailing for booking multiple Cruises. $100 for one cruise, $250 for 2 and $500 for three or more.

We were on Viking Sea the cruise before the TA and that’s what we were offered as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums