Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

So, going for the salmon plate sans bagel today. Got to keep up the dining opportunities. Considering Chops lunch early and 150 CP late. Anyone done Chops lunch?? Can't decide between favorites. So, both??

a95a82d1487bcd5d00a15f45413259f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to make a short installment to the chankanaab review. I missed two important features. The laguna and the food! We didn't do the all inclusive option. We'd done all inclusive at Mr Sanchos last summer and thought it was a waste. With drink packages and heavy meals on the ship, we didn't indulge much. So, we chose the ala carte option. Good call. We had nachos for the girls (been and cheese with fresh made pico and guac) and an order of homemade guacamole for the DH and me. We added two frozen drinks, two beers and large bottle of water and the price was $33USD. The portions were large easily feeding the four of us. 49582c871e27fef06809ea0dda55c76d.jpg

Here are the nachos. The girls loved them!

Try the Galley Brunch Tour. We do it every cruise and have it booked for next Friday as well on HOTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second the Galley Brunch Tour recommendation. We did it a couple of years ago and it was well worth the ~$30.

There is this magical body of water just inland from the ocean called the chankanaab laguna. It's like an aquarium! We felt like we got to snorkel without getting wet. We spent quite a bit of time just looking into this aqua blue water and enjoying the tropical fish. It's not to be missed. 7a0ea0b0e3948591f0f8fa8a62a9d5c5.jpg

I'm sorry this pic doesn't do it justice. It's stunning.

Good morning! I’m so sad, felt like I was on there with you. Enjoy your sea day!!

Thank you NaeMarie!

I've told everyone in my group sailing next week we have to make the Quest. When I try to explain it I just laugh and say you just have to go. Enjoy your last day. So sad for you to have it come to an end.

It's a bit like 1887. Couldn't explain that either! But it was awesome! Enjoy!!!

Here's another HOTS hint. If you think you might want Chops for lunch purchase it in advance. It was regularly $17.90 on the planner pre-cruise. $26 today.

25a5e7876519f7152ba8cef9f3abf5e4.jpg

If they'd just extend the cruise a day or two so we could repeat our favorite restaurants... maybe if I ask really, really nice?

I have to share a positive elevator story. Yep, you read that right. First, is it just me or is elevator etiquette disappearing? This young girl, maybe 10 or 11 with what appeared to be her younger sister stepped forward then back when the elevator door opened. She held out her arm in front of her little sister and said "we need to let these nice people off first ". Yep, brought a small tear to my eye!

I thanked her and asked her to please go tell her mother what she'd done and to thank her mother for raising a young lady wish such precious manners! She beamed ear to ear. Made my day!

This was rescheduled for 10pm tonight for those of us who had it on night 1 canceled due to high seas. Then rescheduled for night 4 and canceled due to technical difficulties with the water. I'm expecting a locus outbreak. 104aea4906e6c324bf4bcbf193cfc40a.jpg

Here's another HOTS hint. If you think you might want Chops for lunch purchase it in advance. It was regularly $17.90 on the planner pre-cruise. $26 today.

25a5e7876519f7152ba8cef9f3abf5e4.jpg

If they'd just extend the cruise a day or two so we could repeat our favorite restaurants... maybe if I ask really, really nice?

Please no!!! We board tomorrow. Bring her home safely.

Please no!!! We board tomorrow. Bring her home safely.

So jealous! Wish I was joining you!!! You in ft lauderdale yet?

Seriously how'd we not know about the MDR on seaday??? Holy cow. Amazing. Crazy spread in a beautiful and serene setting. With waiters. Small tear just rolled down my cheek. Our view. 58e20fc2e224693925a8a34d0783e96c.jpg

ee5663c1d2d9f31e5979e8fe3a0e3143.jpg

My butternut squash risotto paired wish a nice Chardonnay in a new venue for anyone counting.

The DH had a stir fry.