Celebrity Canceled Nov 21 and Nov 24 Preview Cruises

vtcruising

Not happy, but I had prepared myself. I guess they want an extra week to get the ship ready. Oh well, I have a hold on Dec 1 and 6 while waiting to talk to the redeployment people. :(

I’m so sorry to see this. I know how much you were looking forward to your cruise:(. I hope they can get you a sailing and cabin that works for you.

Not happy, but I had prepared myself. I guess they want an extra week to get the ship ready. Oh well, I have a hold on Dec 1 and 6 while waiting to talk to the redeployment people. :(

Oh so sorry to hear that! Hope X will find a way to accommodate their disappointed cruisers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m so sorry to see this. I know how much you were looking forward to your cruise:(. I hope they can get you a sailing and cabin that works for you.

Thanks! I knew there was a risk with these cruises - I thought they would be chartered by now. As long as I can be on the Dec 1 cruise, I will be happy! [emoji2]

Whew! I put a hold on Dec 1 and Dec 6 cabins and then had to run to a doctor's appointment. When I came back and logged into Celebrity, all the preview cruises were gone from the website! I looked at the Dec 9th Inaugural cruise for availability and then called the redeployment number. Lisa was excellent and very helpful. She said they took the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises off the website temporarily while they worked to get the Nov 21 and 24 people rebooked.

I am booked for the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises in the same suites. The prices were slightly cheaper so saved about $250 on the 2 cruises plus received $200 OBC for each cruise. We will receive up to $250 per person for airline changes.

They said the reason they canceled those two cruises is because the ship was sailing in on Nov 21st and they realized that they needed time in FLL to sort things out (heard the same thing from 2 different people). That extra week will be used to do what they need to do in FLL before passengers embark. That's the story, anyway.

I was nervous these cruises would end up being chartered so wasn't totally surprised, but I really wish they had thought of this before - 7 months until the cruise is short notice - just booked the airline and dog sitter and switched time at work.

Oh well, as long as I get to sail the Edge, I will be happy and my family will be happy to have us here for Thanksgiving. I just hope I can change my schedule around again at work.

I do feel bad for those who planned around other cruises, etc. Good luck to those who are rearranging cruises. I hope it all works out!

Here is the direct redeployment number. I spoke with Lisa and she was very kind and sympathetic. I wouldn't want her job! 1-888-281-9343

Thanx! I will give them a call if I don' hear back. I said I wanted the 1st and they told me they would reissue my co formation paperwork and then call me. They promised me OBC too. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Please come back and tell us what happened!

I was also booked on the 11/21 sailing. I quickly moved it to 12/1 and it was nice to see it at a slightly lower price. I did have to move around a separate cruise (11/30 on the Silhouette to 10/26 on the Equinox). I was not going to miss this sailing.

Glad you were able to work it out!

I just got the call too. I guess I will wait until next year. Have fun everyone and can't wait for the reviews!

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I feel lucky that we can make it work, but sad for others who can't.

Yes, it is now the first Edge cruise with paying passengers (at least for now).:D

Thanks. This is interesting -- well, it'll be something new for us. We've never been on a "true" inaugural. Assuming this one doesn't get canceled too. Fingers crossed!

Whew! I put a hold on Dec 1 and Dec 6 cabins and then had to run to a doctor's appointment. When I came back and logged into Celebrity, all the preview cruises were gone from the website! I looked at the Dec 9th Inaugural cruise for availability and then called the redeployment number. Lisa was excellent and very helpful. She said they took the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises off the website temporarily while they worked to get the Nov 21 and 24 people rebooked.

I am booked for the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises in the same suites. The prices were slightly cheaper so saved about $250 on the 2 cruises plus received $200 OBC for each cruise. We will receive up to $250 per person for airline changes.

They said the reason they canceled those two cruises is because the ship was sailing in on Nov 21st and they realized that they needed time in FLL to sort things out (heard the same thing from 2 different people). That extra week will be used to do what they need to do in FLL before passengers embark. That's the story, anyway.

I was nervous these cruises would end up being chartered so wasn't totally surprised, but I really wish they had thought of this before - 7 months until the cruise is short notice - just booked the airline and dog sitter and switched time at work.

Oh well, as long as I get to sail the Edge, I will be happy and my family will be happy to have us here for Thanksgiving. I just hope I can change my schedule around again at work.

I do feel bad for those who planned around other cruises, etc. Good luck to those who are rearranging cruises. I hope it all works out!

Here is the direct redeployment number. I spoke with Lisa and she was very kind and sympathetic. I wouldn't want her job! 1-888-281-9343

So you are doing Dec 1st cruise then spending 2 nights in Florida and then reboarding for the Dec 6th cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you are doing Dec 1st cruise then spending 2 nights in Florida and then reboarding for the Dec 6th cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I will have 3 nights to find a good place to stow away for those two nights - I was thinking the new, comfy life boats. ;).

Actually, we will book a hotel or visit friends or family in the area in between. We have quite a distance to fly so must make it worth it and Vermont that time of year is easy to leave behind (we call it stick season - in between foliage and snow :D).

I know that, with 2 embarkation days and 2 debarkation days with short cruises and crew/staff who will need to get familiar with the ship, it likely won't be the most relaxing cruising experience, but that is not why I am going this time around. I really just want to explore this ship and experience the new venues as much as I can in the 6 days.