Partial Charter?

Herbaltees

I have organized groups up to 150 cabins. If you want to send me an e-mail at beverly poitrast at yahoo dot com I would be more than happy to provide some pointers.

Thank you. I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will absolutely look at a TA. I was just wondering if others had sailed as part of a charter or a partial charter.

We’re not an uncommonly large family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are an uncommonly large family from my experience! My entire family could fit in only three cabins and that is everybody - the whole entire family! Every living person!

Just for example, our Christmas celebration is usually 5 people. Five.

I've been on a cruise where the entire ship was chartered by a group and I've also been on a cruise where about half the ship was chartered. No problem encountered on those cruises. Sometimes it was humorous as the ship staff didn't know at first that we all from Dallas. Slowly they caught on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are an uncommonly large family from my experience! My entire family could fit in only three cabins and that is everybody - the whole entire family! Every living person!

Just for example, our Christmas celebration is usually 5 people. Five.

While the OP family does seem uncommonly large, I'm assuming that it is extended family including several generations, spouses, etc. Fitting an entire family in 3 cabins (assuming 4/cabin) seems on the small side to me. My husband and I both come from large extended families but small immediate families. Even so there are 6 of us at my side's Christmas celebration and 10 on my husband's. We are also unique in today's culture to all only be married once. When you start adding blended families (and I've seen some that include everyone) I could see at least triple digit numbers for a large group.

While the OP family does seem uncommonly large, I'm assuming that it is extended family including several generations, spouses, etc. Fitting an entire family in 3 cabins (assuming 4/cabin) seems on the small side to me. My husband and I both come from large extended families but small immediate families. Even so there are 6 of us at my side's Christmas celebration and 10 on my husband's. We are also unique in today's culture to all only be married once. When you start adding blended families (and I've seen some that include everyone) I could see at least triple digit numbers for a large group.

Agreed, I come from a family of 4 and my DH comes from a family of 9. When you add in spouses, children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, etc. our "family reunion" (if both sides were included) could EASILY reach 500 people.

Has anyone done a partial charter for a group? Or have you ever attended a partial charter?

What was your experience? My family and I were thinking we could easily get 500 cabins for our next family reunion.

What are the minimums for a partial charter?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you need a double occupancy in each cabin. I have not heard of a partial charter. I did hear about large groups on a cruise. (like conventions.

I would use a travel agent-- one familiar with cruiselines. (one who will get the most perks for a group this large. (usually perks come with 8 cabins booked so 500 cabins should come with a ton of perks

I think the problem is getting everyone committed-- and getting that deposit paid