NCL Pride Of America

mpkiddylad

Hello

Myself and my wife to be have book this cruise as a package for out honeymoon in August 2018

We have sailed with NCL on 4 separate occasions before and each time the ultimate beverage package has been included on this cruise

Today I had to pay the final balance on our cruise so being pretty excited I have been searching excursions, food and drink menus etc

I have come across a couple of reviews which is concerning me

We have booked a all inclusive package again yet I’m reading reviews you can’t have free drinks package on this ship

Is this correct?!

If this is the case we have been missold a package

Also it says on the NCL website that drinks packages are included across all there fleets

Can someone please put me straight

Kind regards

Matt

We have sailed this cruise. This is a US based cruise that goes only around the Hawaiian Islands and must follow Hawaiian Laws. There is NO Beverage/Alcoholic package for this cruise. The cruise is very port intensive and we did our drinking in port. What you would have spent on the drink package gratuities paid for a lot of land based drinks. This ship is essentially a floating hotel. The boat sails at night taking you to various major ports. There are a lot of posts regarding this particular cruise and reviews of this cruise. Don't let the drink thing deter you if this is what you want. It is the only cruise that does Hawaii in 7 days. There are a lot of options for visiting Hawaii that are land based too.

Hello

Yes we are from the UK

Why is it we can have it but anyone booking from America can’t.

This isn’t clear

Kind regards

Matt

While most folks claim that Hawaiian state law precludes beverage packages, that isn't quite correct. If the unlimited beverages are included in the base price of the cruise, and given to everyone, then it is legal, as is done with the dinner cruises out of Honolulu, where there is an open bar. Your all-inclusive cruise fare essentially includes an open bar. Since the cruise does not offer this to everyone on the ship, as part of the base fare, then they cannot sell unlimited fixed price beverage packages to some customers and not others. In the US, there is no all-inclusive booking option. Your UK booking is being done to a UK subsidiary of NCL, so the UK laws apply in regards to all-inclusive pricing (beverages, DSC, etc).