Using Carnival gift cards

travsmom

Can you use the cards when you are boarding onto the ship as part of the money you would be putting on your S&S card or do you have to wait and go to guest service desk. Thank you for your answers

Can you use the cards when you are boarding onto the ship as part of the money you would be putting on your S&S card or do you have to wait and go to guest service desk. Thank you for your answers

You can do it either way. Only once, a few years ago, when we tried to apply our gift cards at the terminal prior to embarkation, there was some sort of computer problem. We had to wait until after we boarded and went to Guest Services to have it done. If you wait until after you've boarded, it's best to wait until after dinner to go to Guest Services. The line will be much shorter then.

One time I put cash on my account at check in. NEVER AGAIN!!! The young lady inadvertently changed my account from a credit card to cash. When the cash I put on it was gone, they cut off my charging privileges. I found out when I tried to buy something from one of the shops. I had to go down to Guest Services on deck 3, only to find out that my account was changed to cash, then had to go up to the cabin on deck 11 to get my credit card, then back down to deck 3 to put the CC on my account, then back to deck 5 to the shop to buy what I wanted, then back to deck 11 to the cabin to put up the credit card. You can always use the kiosks on the ship also.